Ethan Hardy- Glasses (c)

Your pager beeped and you instantly shot to your feet. You weren't certain on how long you had dozed off on the sofa in the break room, but clearly it wasn't too long as no one had woken you up. Everything was a little blurry due to you being slightly disorientated from waking up so recently, and also because you had taken your glasses off for you nap.

You checked your pager to see that you were wanted in resus. Standing up you flattened down your scrubs, attempting to remove all of the creases in your uniform to hide the fact you had fallen asleep. Quickly you grabbed the glasses and stethoscope off of the table before rushing out of the room.

Hastily you made your way through to the room you were wanted in. As you reached the bed with the patient in you slipped on your glasses, just rather than improving your vision they impaired it.

One of the nurses gave you the patient's notes, just the words were completely blurry.

Looking over to the other doctor you knew you would have to rely on them.

"Hey Cal, what's going on?" you asked slipping the notes onto the end of the bed.

"You just read the notes," he stated.

"I can't see them. I am just going to have to help from the side-lines as I think I need new glasses," you sighed.

"You shouldn't be working if you can't see," he frowned.

"I'm not going to touch the patient but I can give me medical opinion."

Together you and Caleb worked on the patient. Well mainly he worked on the patient and you just directed him as you knew that if Connie or Zoe knew you were actually treating a patient with your lack of accurate sight, they would fire you, or murder you, one or the other.

"Y/N," a voice called from behind you.

You span around. You lifted up your glasses and saw it was Ethan.

"Hey Ethan," you smiled.

"Hello Y/N. I think you may have something of mine."

As he got closer you noticed he wasn't wearing his glasses, and he was holding them in his hand along with a stethoscope.

"What would that be?" you asked.

"Well seen as this stethoscope has stickers all over it, and I cannot see out of these glasses, I presume they are yours and the ones you currently have may be mine," he explained.

You looked closer at the objects that he held and realised that they were certainly yours. Quickly you took the stethoscope off and handed it to him along with the glasses. He smiled handing you your belongings.

"I'm sorry for taking your stuff. I just picked up the two things on the table that I presumed were mine," you smiled softly.

"It's okay," he smiled in response.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.