Jasper Jordan- Aches and Pains (c)

You had been alternating shifts with Monty and Octavia, on who was watching Jasper, and making sure he nor anyone else would do anything stupid. You had only spoken to Jasper once, but he didn't know your name, and you only knew his name as you had a mutual friend in Monty.

Even though you weren't Jasper's friend, you felt bad for him, and for Monty who had been hauled up in the room for the whole day with a delirious Jasper. You volunteered to keep an eye on him, seen as by the time you went to check on them, Jasper was out for the count.

After about an hour or so of being sat next to the make shift bed he was on, you also dozed off, only waking up by being shaken by someone.

Opening your eyes, you saw the slightly blood sodden Jasper stood next to you, clutching his sides. Moving you noticed your upper half was sprawled on the surface the boy had previously been lying on. Being doubled over for so long, you ached, and a groan escaped your lips as you sat up.

"Shouldn't you be lying down? Clarke said you need to rest?" You groaned.

"Well you seemed comfier," he laughed, but instantly regretted it due to the pain shooting through his side.

"Believe me my back is killing me. But I can't complain, you were speared yesterday. How are you feeling? Do you want me to get Clarke? Monty? Octavia?" You questioned attempting to click your back and stop the pain.

"I'm okay. Well I'm as okay as I can be in the circumstances. Who are you? Wait that sounded rude. I... I just don't know your name. I'm Jasper. But I guess you knew that. It was thrown around a far bit with this palaver," He smiled weakly and awkwardly.

You let out a laugh, achingly standing up.

"It's okay. I'm Y/N. Now please lie down. If you fall, I will not be able to help you up. And I really don't think Clarke is someone to get on the bad side of. She'd kill me if I caused further damage to her patient," You stated.

He did as you told him, with your help he hobbled back and lay down, whilst you sat back down next to him. As soon as you sat down another groan of pain escaped your lips, and Jasper gave you a concerned expression.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine. My back is just a bit stiff from laying hunched over all night. It just needs to click or something," You sighed reaching an arm back to rub your hand on your shoulder blade.

He furrowed his eyebrows, resting a hand on his closed wound, as he shuffled to sit up a little bit.

"Do you...well...I mean...I could give you a massage?" He asked timidly using his other hand to brush his hair out of his face.

You let out another laugh.

"I'm supposed to be making sure you don't do anything stupid until one of the others arrive. I think if anything I should be offering you a massage."

"Well are you offering?" He asked with a cheeky grin.

"No I am not," you said sternly, "But when you are better, I shall take you up on your offer."

With that he smiled softly looking up from his fallen fringe.

"Yeah. I'd like that."

"Now try to get some more sleep. I'll go tell Clarke you are awake, and tell Monty to come keep you company."

You rested a hand on his arm, smiling as your goodbye, before you stood up ready to head through the hatch to do as you had just said. As you went to step down the ladder, Jasper caught your attention.

"Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.