Caroline Forbes- Soulmate (c)

The Vampire Diaries One Shot

Somehow it was weirder for you that you were in a relationship with Caroline than it was that she was a vampire. Back when the two of you had just been friends, you had liked her a bit more than that of just a friend but the concept of ever being together seemed completely foreign to you, so much so that you were sure that if someone had said she would become a vampire, you'd have been more inclined to believe that- maybe that was just your self-conscious nature talking.

The two of you were curled up in bed, wearing matching pyjamas that she had picked out for you, and you couldn't help but feel at peace. Outside of your home there was the concerns of evil and fear that you had to constantly be aware of, but whilst you were curled up with your girlfriend, you didn't have to acknowledge that, and you could be blissfully ignorant.

"Why didn't we do this earlier?" Caroline asked, mindlessly playing with your hair.

You cocked an eyebrow at her. "Come to bed?"

She laughed and shook her head. She hadn't been specific with her statement but seen as you were both so in sync most of the time, she did forget that you couldn't actually read each other's minds.

"No," she giggled. "Get together. Not just being friends and pretending like we weren't into each other the whole time."

You shrugged your shoulders.

"We may have been friends and I always loved you, but you are not anything like you were as a human, becoming a vampire suits you."

A grin curled onto her face. "It helps get rid of terrible habits and thoughts when you don't have to worry about your mortality."

You could only imagine. You knew one day if you were to stay with Caroline, you would have to become a vampire too or you would age and die whilst she stayed perfect and young, but you weren't ready to do that yet and whilst you were still young and healthy, you would keep your mortal life.

"The Caroline that was human, she was my best friend," you stated. "But the Caroline that is a vampire, well... I'm pretty sure she's, my soulmate."

The eyes of the vampire by your side lit up. She moved to cup your cheeks tenderly, pulling your face towards her so that she could kiss you.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.