Charlie Croker- Icing Sugar (h)

Your evening was going to be pretty busy, considering the fact that you had eight more people than usual coming to stay.

You and your boyfriend Charlie had invited Rob, Left Ear, Lyle, Stella and their partners round for a family dinner – sure, they weren't your biological family but you all considered each other to be family.

You were pretty good at baking, so you had decided to make some macarons for everyone. It wasn't like all of you were the fancy people, but macarons tasted amazing and it was worth a shot.

After putting your apron on, you felt two arms wrap around your waist "What're you doing Sweetheart?" Charlie asked, leaning his head on your shoulder.

"I'm making macarons" you told him and he kissed your cheek, before going to put on an apron of his one "Now what are you doing?" you asked.

Charlie rolled up his sleeves, and smiled over at you "I am going to be your handsome assistant" he joked, causing you to roll your eyes.

"Fine, but you better listen" you pointed your finger at him as you started to get all of the ingredients out.

Charlie smirked and stood next to you "Yes Ma'am" he still had his smirk on his face whilst he talked.

The both of you started to get to work, and Charlie took hold of the eggs and went to crack them "Wait" you told him and he looked to you "You need to separate the egg white from the yolks" you explained and he nodded.

He managed to do that, and he put the egg yolks in a smaller bowl "What do I do with the yolks?" he asked, motioning to the smaller bowl.

"Just leave them, we can't use them for macarons so maybe we make something else later" you suggested and Charlie nodded, before quickly kissing your cheek.

You started to weigh out the icing sugar, but Charlie stole the packet "Give it back Babe" you told him, holding out your hand but Charlie shook his head.

"Nah Sweetheart, I think I'll hold onto this for a little while" he sounded too excited for just holding a flipping icing sugar bag.

His thieving brain was planning something, but you didn't know what – the two of you had been dating for a long while, even before John retired and when John passed away, you were there for Charlie every step of the way.

"I need it to weigh out the rest" you whined but Charlie still refused to give it back.

You turned around to look in the cupboard, to see if you had another pack of icing sugar. When you turned back around, not having found another pack, you were hit in the face with icing sugar.

You wiped your eyes and looked at Charlie "You little buggar" you told him and he started laughing.

You grabbed some icing sugar from the scales, and launched it towards Charlie, managing to hit him in the face also.

He walked towards you, putting the bag on the counter, and pulling you into his arms "Gimme a kiss" he told you and you gave in, kissing him sweetly and his lips tasted all powdery.

~*~

Written by Hannah.