Paladin Danse- Recruit (a)

Fallout 4 One Shot

Paladin Danse scoffed in your face as he ran his eyes across the disassembled laser pistol, whose parts sat scattered and pristine on the table in front of him.

"You really think that you have what it takes to stand alongside the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel?" After a quick scratch of his chin, he carefully began interlocking the pieces of the pistol back together, something he must have done countless times before. "Please y/n, tell me what makes you think you're made of tough enough stuff. The Brotherhood only recruits the best of the best and you're just some scrawny wastelander who just so managed to stumble into this police station."

"Just a wastelander huh? That's easy for you to say hiding behind your power armour, fancy laser guns and vertibirds, not to mention the best of the best. Not exactly easy to find a Brotherhood soldier trying to navigate the hells of the wasteland by themselves now, is it?"

"Well I mean..."

"What do you mean Paladin Danse?" You cut him off before giving him the chance to shoddily try and explain himself. "I fought my way here of my own volition after being tipped off that you were here by a trader back in Diamond City. I left that shithole with nothing but a few stimpaks, the clothes on my back and a fucking scrap pistol I managed to persuade the trader to give me for cheap. I would love to see your attempt at fighting through ghouls, super mutants, raiders, and that's only a few hundred metres out past the gates of Diamond City. So, with the greatest respect Paladin Danse I think I'm more than good enough to stand alongside my brothers and sisters in arms and stand tall amongst the scum and the impure that tarnish the Commonwealth."

Danse sat back in his chair.

"I cannot promise it's an easy ride, y/n but I can see that you have heart and trust me when I say that goes a long way in the Brotherhood. I have a little task I was sent here to do, how about you join me as a little... test to see if you can live up to the big boss you think you are. You'll have to ditch that little pipe pistol though, come with me and we will get you something that actually shoots straight. Think of it as a welcome gift."

~*~

Written by Aaron.