John Mitchell- Cat Sweaters (c)

You were bored and sick. You had a bad migraine and your nose had the sniffles, luckily you had the day off work anyway so you were sat around all day.

Even though you felt like complete and utter shit you had been productive, in the most unproductive way. You hadn't done anything that you'd consider needed doing but you did things that were possible to do.

You had went through every bit of cutlery you owned cleaning them to a perfect shine, you had paired up all of the socks in the house, you had dusted the books and you had dressed up the cat.

Now you and your cat were lying on the sofa. Your cat had a grumpy face as he was in a pink sweater that you Mum had bought for the granddaughter she desperately wanted but wasn't going to get anytime soon.

You lay on the sofa for an hour more until your boyfriend got home from work. You heard him walk through the hallway to see you and the cat.

"What did you do to Tigz?" he asked with a soft smile.

"We were bored," you said with a gravelly voice.

"We?" he chuckled coming over to pick up the sad looking tabby cat, "were you bored buddy?"

He pulled the sweater off of the cat, who hastily jumped from his arms and disappeared from the room.

Once the cat had disappeared Mitchell propped you up to slide behind you, before letting you lie with your head on his shoulder.

He leaned in to kiss you but you put your fingers over his mouth.

"Germs," you croaked.

Moving you hand he kissed your anyway.

"Remember my love, I can't get sick."

"Sorry. I keep forgetting my boyfriend is dead, I mean un-dead," you sighed, "I'm too sick to try and be politically correct."

He smiled softly running a hand through your hair, pressing his lips to your forehead.

"It's okay love," he chuckled, "if I got over you calling me 'blood sucking bat guy' when I told you that I was a vampire, I think I can survive with you bringing up my lack of life."

You tried to laugh but it felt like your throat was ripping apart.

"Sorry about that, if that was showing how our relationship was never going to be normal," you smiled, "it was a shock to find out the guy I liked was a vampire."

"Are you blaming me for our lack of normality in this relationship?" he laughed.

"Maybe," you stated with a lopsided smile.

"Hey, I'm not the one who put the cat in a sweater."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.