Bash- Marriage (c)

You sat nervously at the table waiting for your new husband to come and sit with you. Although you had spent much time with the others that sat around you, you still felt unnerved from not being by your husband's side. Now being able to claim the man you loved was truly your husband with a pleasant concept, and being apart from him was something you did not wish to experience.

Luckily soon enough he returned handing you the glass of wine he had gone to retrieve, taking his seat next to you.

"Thank you," you whispered taking a sip from the cup.

"You're welcome my love. Are you okay? You look as though you are going to pass out," he smiled softly taking you hand in his, rubbing his thumb soothingly over your palm.

"It is just pleasant to call you my husband. I also do not feel worthy of being your wife, but I shall not argue with the fates decision to allow me to spend my eternity by your side. It just makes me feel uneasy to be sat in a room with the royal family of France. When I came here, I never believed I would marry the son of the King," you sighed, allowing your smile to grow throughout.

He let out a laugh, pulling you closer to him.

"My love, I do not feel worthy to be your husband. You are too dear and precious to be the wife of the bastard child of the king. But I love you, and I am glad you came to France, as if you were not previously one of Mary's ladies-in-waiting we would not have ever met," he smiled.

You had been one of Mary's ladies-in-waiting along with Greer, Lola, Kenna and Aylee, and had joined her to France for her marriage to the king. But when you arrived at the French court you met the King's illegitimate son, and instantly fell in love.

Now long after leaving your home in Scotland you were now married to Bash. Happy. In love.

"My family are more than happy that I married into the court of France. At first they were not happy for me to marry a bastard, but they agreed with it after they heard of my lady's previous interest in marrying you, they were happy with it," you smiled, "I don't know what I would have done if they forbade the marriage."

He leaned in pressing his lips to your cheek.

"Believe me, life here at the court is more of a trouble than a prize, but it is all worth it to have you by my side every day." 

~*~

Written by Charlotte.