Charlie Croker- Angry (h)

The Italian Job One Shot

When Charlie had called and told you that he was doing one last job it was hard to believe – you knew how bad the loss of John had hurt him, it had hurt everyone, but Charlie took a long time to come back from it.

If the job was going to avenge John, then it was without a doubt worth it but a part of you did worry about the impact it was going to have on Charlie.

Charlie had tried to make sure that you weren't involved in the job, he didn't want you anywhere near Steve nor did he want you getting hurt but he had to admit he couldn't do it without you.

You'd been out that day with Handsome Rob on orders to find the cars that could hold what you were planning to steal, but when you got back Charlie wasn't where you expected him to be.

After a few minutes of searching through the suite you found him outside on the balcony.

Instead of saying anything you opted for walking up behind him and sliding your arms around his waist, he sighed as he placed his hands over yours.

"You okay?" you spoke into his back, your voice muffled by his jacket.

He sighed again but you heard his breath wobble, so you knew he'd been crying.

"You're thinking about him, aren't you?" you questioned gently, having expected some form of reaction like this at some point during the job.

Charlie pulled at your hands and guided your round in front of him, before he lifted you up so you could sit on the thick balcony wall.

When you looked into his eyes you could see how he was struggling. "Anger or sadness?"

Your boyfriend chuckled as his hands landed on your waist. "You know me too well," he commented with a small smile. "I'm angry at what he did, I'm angry that he got away with it and I'm so damn angry that he thinks he's won."

"He hasn't won Charlie," you reminded him. "Let him live in that cushy mansion for now with all his fancy things, it won't last, and we know it won't last."

He nodded as he composed himself. "God I wanna punch that smirk right off of his face."

You giggled as you moved your hand to his cheek, looking into those eyes you loved so much. "Only if I get to watch."

"He's not getting anywhere near you," Charlie stated with finality causing you to roll your eyes but smile internally at his protectiveness.

"I'm in this job Charlie and you know it," Charlie sighed as you spoke, knowing you were right. "And besides, I can punch Steve myself – he'll more than deserve two to the face."

~*~

Written by Hannah.