Tommy Shelby- Closed (c)

Peaky Blinders One Shot

Your first job had been at the Garrison, and you still worked there. You had seen a 'help needed' sign when you had been headed to the market for your mother and when you popped in to ask about it, you were handed the job of barmaid as it was not a well sought-after job. Quickly you realised why, fights broke out nightly and with it being one of the frequented places of the Peaky Blinders, danger came with the territory. Even though you were certain your mother was going to faint at hearing of you working there, you had kept the job for years and learnt how to stand your ground.

It wasn't glamorous but you enjoyed the work, and your common patrons tipped your well along with always looking out for you when young men came in thinking they could get their way with you.

After another night of broken glasses and old men flirting, you had locked up the front door and begun on tidying up. You hadn't bothered locking up the back yet, seen as you had to take out a couple of trips worth of rubbish, but you did realise that was a mistake.

You were in the midst of sweeping up broken grass, nuts and the odd coin when you heard someone enter the pub from the open backdoor.

"We're closed," you shouted, ready to defend yourself with your broom if the person didn't leave of their own volition.

"I need a drink," the familiar voice returned.

Tommy Shelby entered the main room of the pub, the usual annoyed expression upon his face that you had become used to since you worked there. You leant your arm on the tip of the broom handle, cocking your eyebrow at him.

"Mr Shelby," you stated. "Do you not know what closed means?"

He shot you an unimpressed look. You rolled your eyes at him, leaning the broom against the bar before walking around the back of it. You poured out his normal drink and slid it to him.

"What do I owe the pleasure of your late-night visit?" You asked. "This is the third one this week."

"After the week I've had, I need the drink."

"Have you not got alcohol at home? Or is it really my company you're after?"

Once again you received the unimpressed look from him. At one point he had intimidated you but after spending so much time with him at the pub, especially after closing when he would pop in for a quiet drink whilst you tidied up, you had become rather fond of him.

"I can't talk to anyone else about what's going on. I trust you."

You knew how hard it was to get Tommy's trust, but you weren't going to show him how grateful you were for that.

"I've got to hear all the Shelby drama again?" You playfully laughed. "I'm too sober for this."

"You don't drink," he stated.

"Maybe I should start."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.