Max Black- Carolling (a)

2 Broke Girls One Shot

"Just knock the door, smile and shut up. It is your fault we are out here Max, now do as you're told." Han scoffed as he tucked his gloved hands into his thickly lined pocket and. With a deep roll of her eye Max rapped her hand against the apartment door and stepped backwards firmly. A series of clicks and clacks erupted from the other side of the door as the occupant loosened their standard New York security.

"What do you want?" The greasy vested, untrimmed moustache wielding man swung the door open.

"We are here to carol for you." Han smiled enthusiastically as he swung his donation collection bucket from side to side. "Look..." The man eagerly began to close the door "the church is a few doors down, alright?" His obviously faked smile quickly straightened as the door banged against Max's foot.

"Look jerk, are you going to go all the poor little kids and tell them why Santa can't come this year? Because I can't... not again... I don't think they're sick, fickle hearts will be able to take another year of disappointment."

"Well, what's ready with 'em?" He asked as Max swung his door back open.

"Han disease." You said, closing your eyes, drawing a cross against your chest and bowing your head to hide your smile as Han glared over with a double take. "Terrible condition... and all little Suzie wants is a new doll house to play with before she dies." You reached over and sadly tapped the bucket.

"Han disease, never heard of it!" He exclaimed sceptically.

Max stepped forward with a spookily good sympathy face.

"Well, you see when the children are born they look normal, but after about 3 years they just... stop growing." Han stared over with a raised brow and an agape mouth. "It's almost like they're testicles... well it isn't even like they don't to develop to be honest they just might as well have not been born with any at all." Han gasped audibly. "I know." Max turned to Han. "Horrible, I know."

"That's awful." The man stood in the doorway and reached into his pocket. "This is all I can give." He dropped a few coins and some dollar bills into the bucket. "Do you guys have like a website or something I can..."

"No....." Max smiled and slowly closed to the door on the man silencing him.

~*~

Written by Aaron.