Minho- Runner (c)

You were up at the same time as usual but you were to do something different than what you were to do on a normal day.

After nearly a year of wearing him down you had finally convinced Alby to allow you to be a runner. You had proved yourself finally, and although he wanted to keep you, the only female glader safe, he had finally seen sense, and seen you as more than just a female.

Luckily for you, he had not told anyone else of your new position yet, you would be in charge of that. Alby had told the runners, the new one would run today, but did not specify who it was.

You waited near the entrance to the maze as Minho came over to you.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned.

"Waiting for you I guess," you shrugged.

"And why are you waiting for me. I'm going into the maze, can it wait until later Y/N?" he asked.

"Lucky for you, I'm going in there too."

He frowned.

"You know only runners can go in there, it's one of the rules Y/N."

"Good thing I'm a runner now. I don't plan to go against the rules, and I'm certainly going to do my part around here, you aren't going to ask me not to do that?" you smirked.

Minho knew the rules as well as you did. You all needed to play your part in the Glade, no slackers, and now as a runner you had to run, it was your job.

No one wanted to be a runner, but you never saw it far that if you were male they would have picked you as a runner, and only your gender saved you of that face. It was never fair that you were treated differently, you wanted to be an equal, even if that meant you had to go into the maze.

"You've got to be kidding me," he frowned, "Alby would never let you do this."

"But he has. I am equally as capable of doing this as you, yes you are more experienced at this, but I want to help Minho," you smiled softly.

You bickered for a short while before you both knew if you were to go in the maze today it was now or you'd have to wait another day.

"If you are going in there Y/N, you stick by me, and if I tell you to do something you do it without hesitation. You understand. I am the keeper of the runners, you've never been in there, and it is dangerous, you need to stay safe," he sighed.

"I guess I can do that," you smiled, "We better get going, we need as much time as we can."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.