Greg Lestrade- Deduction

You were sat awkwardly on the arm of the chair waiting for Greg to return with the drinks. Even though you had been at the party for a few minutes you hadn't spoken to anyone yet. You didn't really know anyone, well you knew of everyone but personally you didn't.

Quickly Greg came back sitting down in the arm chair handing you the cup of coke, seen as you didn't drink alcohol, and had volunteered to drive home, knowing he would probably end up a little bit more than tipsy.

He rested a hand onto your leg rubbing light patterns on it, in an attempt to comfort you as it was clear you weren't comfortable here. You didn't mind coming to a Christmas party where all of Greg's friends gathered, it just felt slightly weird as everyone was a stranger.

After a while of silently sipping your drinks two men made their way over to you.

"Lestrade," the taller man with darker hair stated with no expression on his face.

"Nice to see you Greg," the other man smiled.

"Hello Sherlock. You too John. This is Y/N my girlfriend, Y/N this is Sherlock Holmes and Dr John Watson," Greg explained.

"It's nice to meet you," you smiled trying to be polite.

Greg had mentioned them both to you before, most of what he had said about John was positive, but mainly negative things were said about Sherlock.

John smiled at you, whereas Sherlock looked you up and down causing Greg to let out a sigh.

"You're nervous, social anxiety I presume. Well I know, I don't presume. You've known one another for a long time, but have only been in an intimate relationship for a few months. He is one of your first serious relationships, and you are comfortable around him but only a few others. You don't have an interest in popular fashion trends and prefer comfort to style," Sherlock rambled on.

Greg's hand moved from lying on your leg to intertwine his fingers with yours.

"Do you have to deduce my girlfriend?" Greg frowned squeezing my hand softly, "remember I'm the one that gets you work."

"I barely scratched the surface. And you wouldn't solve any crimes if you didn't get my help," Sherlock stated in a matter-of-factly tone.

"It's rude to just deduce someone you have just met," John frowned.

You smiled softly, "honestly its fine," you tried to reassure your boyfriend, "I'd probably be pissed if you weren't right, but you were correct."

Sherlock smirked, realising he had triumphed in the bickering. It seemed clear that he had always won arguments he had partook in and it was also clear that Greg was becoming slightly bitter over your genuine kindness towards his fairly annoying and aggravating colleague.

 ~*~*~*~

A/N-

Hello.

Here is a Sherlock Imagine, it's not that great but I love Lestrade so I had to write something about him.

If you would like to request an imagine then PM me or comment.

Thank you.

Charlotte.