Leonard 'Bones' McCoy- Run Like a Maniac (h)

Dialogue Prompt: "Sure, run like a maniac and get trampled with the rest of them"

"Spock" Captain Kirk said and almost immediately Spock was at his side "Where is Lieutenant Uhura?" Kirk asked and Spock sighed "She is ill Captain. I did not allow her to join the Enterprise on this mission" he said.

Kirk turned to you "Y/N" he said and you walked over to him "Yes Captain?" you asked "You are a communications officer right?" he asked causing you to nod "I am. I speak the same languages as Uhura" he nodded "Right, you're coming with me" he said.

"Are you sure about this Lieutenant?" Commander Spock asked and you nodded "Of course I am Spock. I just need to talk to Dr McCoy" he smiled ever so slightly "Please tell the Captain that I will meet him by the shuttle" he nodded.

You made your way to the elevator and went straight to the med-bay in an attempt to find the man you called your boyfriend.

You arrived in the med-bay and saw Leonard, or Bones as Kirk called him, tapping away at his tablet "Doctor" he turned around and smiled "Hello Sweetheart" you took a deep breath "I'm going with Kirk. He needs a translator and Uhura is ill" Leonard's face dropped.

"You are not going with him. It is way too dangerous Y/N. Don't go" he pleaded but you shook your head "Don't you trust Kirk?" you asked and he sighed "You know I do at times but" you cut him off "There's your answer. I am going" you turned around and left the med-bay.

You walked down to the shuttle and you saw Kirk standing outside leaning against it "Ah Y/N. Are you ready?" he asked and you nodded "I am. Bones isn't too happy about it" he chuckled "I didn't think he would be" he said as we both climbed aboard the shuttle.

"I bet Bones said something along the lines of 'Sure, run like a maniac and get trampled with the rest of them'" Kirk said referring to what we were going to do and to what the mission is entailing "He didn't actually but I could tell he was thinking that" he nodded.

"Jim, you take care of my girlfriend" Leonard's voice came through the communicator "Oh come on Bones. When have I ever put her in harms way?" Kirk asked being his usual cocky self "Let me think. There was the Klingon mission, the time we showed the ship to an underdeveloped species and you were running around with her, when she was the one that went into a volcano with Spock" he listed off only a few of the times you had done something that was dangerous in his eyes.

"I will be fine Honey. Plus, you're a Doctor anyway" Leonard sighed "That doesn't give you the right to run like a maniac and get hurt" he said and you giggled "Trust me" you said.

~*~

Written by Hannah