Michael Grey- Everything (h)

Peaky Blinders One Shot

You had been warned many times that getting involved with the Shelby family wasn't a good idea, that it would ruin you, that people wouldn't speak to you anymore.

If you had a pound for every time someone had told you some variation of "Stay away from the Shelby's" you'd own at least four houses in the country, plus a couple in London.

Meeting Michael hadn't been part of your plan, yes you'd always been friends with Tommy and Ada, but you had never been as entangled in the Shelby life as you were now.

Michael had come along, made Polly's life a damn sight happier and he'd charmed you in a way no other boy had before.

At Polly's wishes Michael had agreed to take you out in a van for a long weekend, up to the country she said, to get away from the smoke of Birmingham.

You rested your head on Michael's shoulder as the two of you sat up front, Michael holding the reins as he guided your horse.

"I never thought we'd get fresh air this close to Birmingham," you commented as you wrapped your arms around Michael's.

He chuckled, turning to kiss your head momentarily. "Back at my old home we were lucky to see a man from the city once every two months, if that."

You smiled, slightly sad that he'd left everything he'd known but he always spoke of how much happier he was now.

"As much as my Mum drives me mad, this has to be one of her better suggestions," he commented.

"You say suggestion as if Pol gave us an option," you countered. "Polly Gray does not do options, she does commands."

Michael chuckled again; the two of you rode along in silence for a while, you watching the scenery go by and Michael watching you when he could.

Sometimes he couldn't fathom how someone as beautiful and as kind as you was willing to be caught up in his family, to give up their good name and reputation to be with him. He loved you for it, he'd do anything he could for you, and he knew he'd never lose you.

By the time the two of you arrived somewhere you wanted to camp, night had fallen and so whilst Michael made a fire outside the van for warmth, you lit the lamps inside and crawled into bed.

"Is that my shirt?" Michael questioned when he came back in, noticing you curled up in one of his more casual shirts, though casual didn't seem to exist in any of the Shelby/Gray family's vocabulary.

You smiled at him and nodded. "I believe it is our shirt now."

Laughing, he stripped down to his underwear and climbed in next to you, pulling you on top of his chest.

You traced circles on his chest as you simply enjoyed being with him, no interruptions from Tommy or Arthur, no cars or noise.

"I need your opinion on something love," he spoke quietly as he rubbed your back.

"One of the few men in this family to ask for their woman's opinion," you joked.

He chuckled but you could tell something was on his mind. "As Mum always says, she's a Shelby but I'm a Grey."

"You're a Shelby darling, you know you are," he nodded with a smile as he kissed your head but then he rested back on his pillow.

"And what are you? Are you a Y/L/N?"

His question confused you. "You know I am; my name hasn't changed in the time we've been together."

"How would you feel about becoming a Grey?" you sat up at his words and saw him holding the most gorgeous ring, you knew by looking at it that he'd got it from the finest jeweller down in London.

"Are you serious?" you questioned, as he moved you to sit on his chest.

He leant up, his forehead against yours. "I have never been more serious about something in my life."

The sincereness in his words made you blush, which made Michael smile as he rested his hand on the back of your neck.

"Be my wife Y/N," he whispered as he stared into your eyes. "Be my everything."

~*~

Written by Hannah