Blair Waldorf- Cupcakes (c)

Since you and Blair had been dating there was always a socioeconomic issue and divide. You were from a small town in England, from a fairly poor family whilst Blair was from the Upper East Side and had money to throw at everything. It had taken you three jobs over the course of a year to save up for your move to New York, luckily you had a job there set up.

Although you had fallen in love with Blair instantaneously and there was no doubt that she felt the same. However you wanted to be able to treat her the way she deserved. She was used to being pampered and being able to go to the classiest places, but you couldn't afford to do that for her.

She said she was okay with it, and she seemed more than fine paying for everything, but it bothered you. You tried to save up, but for a simple meal at Blair's favourite restaurant cost more than three months' rent. But you did have some alternative ideas to give a more humble pampering to Blair.

On numerous occasions she had offered you a chance to move in with her, it would be much simpler if you did, but you liked the independence of living alone as it meant you could be financially self-sufficient- even if it could be a trouble sometimes. However her suggestion paid off today.

Dorota wasn't bothered by your random appearance at the apartment, she had told you on numerous occasions that she liked that you were there for Blair and were being a good influence on her. That was also why she offered to help you with your little plan, but you wanted to do it on your own to be able to feel some form of achievement in completing it.

It took you a few hours and a lot of burnt cakes before the final batch was complete and your minimal decorating was done ready for Blair's arrival.

She had been out shopping and you excused yourself from it saying that you were sick. Finally she walked into the room calling out for Dorota.

You stood for your seat, flattening your skirt and making your way over to her.

"Y/N? I thought that you were ill. What are you doing here?" She asked confused, dropping her shopping bags on the floor.

"I may have lied. I wanted to surprise you," you smiled.

"Surprise me with what?" She questioned.

You took a step closer to her, taking her hand and pressing your lips softly to her. Pulling at her hand softly you lead her over to the table that had a cake tower filled with cupcakes made with your own hands.

"You made these cupcakes for me?" She smiled warmly taking a seat on the sofa, with you sitting by her side.

"I did my best to imitate your favourites, but seen as I would have to sell a kidney to buy you one, I tried to make my own version. Granted they are not as aesthetically pleasing, they do taste alright, well I didn't die when I tested one earlier so that was a bonus I guess," you grinned.

Her expression was warm as she leaned in to kiss you once more. One of her hands rested on your hand which rested on your lap, whilst the other reached out for one of the slightly maimed cupcakes.

As she took a bite from it, you look on concerned and slightly fearfully. She ate the bite. Her face was emotionless for a second, making your heart pound against your chest, until she beamed at you.

"They are amazing," she smiled.

You let out a sigh of relief.

~*~

Requested by 

Written by Charlotte.