Kate Beckett- Nervous (c)

You were nervous. There was no real reason to be so nervous, but nevertheless, your heart was beating at an erratic pace and you felt as though you were going to sweat through your dress at any moment.

Kate was stood by your side. She held onto your hand, giving it an encouraging squeeze to reassure you of her being there for you throughout this. It was all her idea, and you were here for her technically, but nevertheless it was obvious as to why you were nervous.

She knew these people. They were her friends and colleagues, whereas you had never met them so you had no idea how they were to react.

Without another moment to question whether you should run away from this the doors of the lift opened allowing you to see the scene in front of you.

It was a normal formal gathering. There was calming music, and everyone was dressed in their formal attire talking amongst themselves with drinks in their hands.

Kate tugged on your hand softly leading you into the crowds of people leading you over to three men and two women.

"Hey Beckett. Where's the charming boyfriend you said you'd bring?" One of the men asked.

"Hello Castle. I never said I was bringing a boyfriend. I said I was bringing my partner, as in my girlfriend," she smiled softly, holding on tighter to your hand.

The five paused, clearly uncertain what to say. None of them wanted to be the first person to speak.

"Hello, I'm Jenny and this is my husband Kevin," the blond woman smiled pointing towards the man stood next to her.

"I'm Lanie," The other woman smiled.

The other two men introduced themselves as Javier and Richard Castle, for some reason finding it important to use his whole name. Although you had heard about all of them before, Castle was the one you knew of best due to his excessive flirting towards your girlfriend.

"It's nice to meet you all. I'm Y/N," you said with a soft smile.

"So Kate, why haven't we met Y/N until now?" Lanie questioned.

Kate let out a deep breath she had been holding.

"I wasn't sure how you guys would react. And it was nice to keep my personal life a secret for a short while," She shrugged softly.

"How did you think we would react?" Kevin asked, "We are all just happy that you are happy. We don't care who it is with."

"Yeah Kate, we're just happy for you. Love is love," Javier added.

~*~

Written by Charlotte