Brian O'Connor - Why Do You Care? (h)

You hated him – you didn't think that you had it in you to hate anyone, he proved you wrong. He was just so infuriating; it was like nothing ever annoyed him and that made it even worse.

His smirk was always on his face, he never ever seemed to smile a genuine smile unless he was with Dom. You had been childhood friends with Dom, which meant that you raced alongside him and you were there when he met Brian.

There had always been suspicions that you and Dom were dating, but that couldn't be further from the truth. As much as you didn't want to admit it, you had fallen for O'Connor and it was something that you wished would just disappear.

You knew that Brian didn't feel the same, so why waste your time feeling the way you did?

Dom was throwing another party, so of course you were going to be there. People worried if you weren't there, you were the one to keep the party going and you even managed to get Dom to dance which was a rarity.

You had just gotten changed, you were already at Dom's place, and you heard the music, so you walked down the stairs to see the party in full swing.

Dom noticed you "HEY Y/N/N" he shouted over the music "WHAT?" you asked as you shouted back "BEER?" he replied, also shouting and holding up a bottle of beer.

You walked over to him and grabbed the bottle "Thanks" you said kissing his cheek "Where's O'Connor?" you took a swig of beer after you asked "Over there" Dom answered, nodding in the direction of the doorway nearest to the front door.

You didn't wait for Brian to notice you, you left Dom in the kitchen and walked over to the middle of the lounge – you started talking and found yourself having a good time.

—– Brian's P.O.V —–
I saw Y/N ask Dom where I was, I saw her look over at me, I saw her walk over and let that idiotic guy flirt with her – it made my blood boil.

I had admitted it to myself a while ago; I knew that I had fallen for the one and only Y/N Y/L/N.

She was Dom's best friend, she was like his sister and I valued my life, I didn't want Dom to kill me. Along with the fact that she hated me, I acted like I hated her because I had no better option, I didn't want to cut her out of my life so I just continued to pretend to hate her.

The guy that was hitting on her, he was annoying the hell out of me. I didn't just want to stand there and watch it happen, that was basically giving up and I wasn't one for giving up.

I went over to Y/N and the guy, Y/N looked straight at me with a smirk on her face "Want something O'Connor?" she asked before taking a sip from her beer "Yeah, come with me" I took hold of her wrist as I spoke.

She had a confused look on her face as I took her outside, and into the garden "What do you want?" she asked, pulling her wrist out of my grasp. I didn't answer her because I didn't know what to say, she sighed and glared at me.

"WHY DO YOU HATE ME BRIAN?" she yelled rather suddenly "WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU?" she shouted again "I DON'T HATE YOU Y/N" I yelled back making her scoff "THEN WHY ARE YOU SO ICY TOWARDS ME" she shouted, countering my statement.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO" I shouted in frustration "DO ABOUT WHAT?" she shouted in reply, she was clearly becoming as frustrated as I was "GUYS HITTING ON YOU EVERY SECOND. YOU ARE SUCH AN AMAZING GIRL AND GUYS ARE SO ATTRACTED TO YOU" I ran a hand through my hair, as I shouted.

"WHY DO YOU CARE?!" she screamed at me, walking closer and looking so confused "BECAUSE I LOVE YOU" I responded to her, matching her tone.

She covered her mouth with her hand in surprise, she almost dropped her beer bottle "You what?" she asked in only a whisper "I can't back pedal now, can I?" I joked and she rolled her eyes but I took a step closer to her, gently taking her hand in mine.

"I do love you, I have loved you for such a long time – I didn't tell you because I didn't want to get rejected" I poured my heart out to her and she was speechless.

"I love you too O'Connor"

~*~
Written by Hannah.