Friedrich of Prussia- Honour: Part 1 (c)

Bridgerton One Shot

A life of dances and balls was expected for the life of any woman of status, and although you had no desire to rush into a marriage, you attended every party you were invited to, to try and keep everyone appeased. It was a night like every other, you were in a tight corset and flowing skirt with your hair pulled up in an intricate style that you didn't particularly enjoy. You would behave yourself and accept dances of men you knew only wished to marry you for your status and money, before likely not speaking to them again until you saw them at another party.

As you walked down the stairs to the ballroom where you would be for the next few hours, you noticed a crowd of woman off to the side, but you were unaware of why they were crowding each other.

"Is everyone still fawning over the duke?" You asked your brother who had escorted you to the dance.

"He is not in attendance tonight," he stated. "But the Queen's nephew, Prince Friedrich is here and in search of a Bride."

You knew that your brother hoped you'd still the heart of the prince, but you didn't care about that. You wanted a marriage of love, not of status, even if it meant you took to work to support your family, as long as you were love, everything else didn't matter.

A couple of men asked you to dance before you retreated back to your brother at the side of the room to retrieve the drink that he had gotten for you.

"Thank you," you smiled, taking a sip of it but the drink was quickly snatched from your hand by your brother as he pulled you to stand at his side.

"Your highness," your brother smiled. "May I introduce you to my sister, Y/N Y/S/N."

You curtseyed and repeated his title, avoiding his eye.

"Miss Y/S/N," he said, taking your hand to press a gentle kiss to your knuckles. "May I request a dance?"

Before you were able to say anything, you felt your brother nudge your side to encourage a positive response to a man of the prince's status. You agreed to the dance and allowed him to lead you into the crowd of women glaring.

"It is an honour to dance with you," he smiled fondly. "I saw you enter, and I knew at once I needed to dance with you and have a chance to speak with you."

"It should be I who is honoured, your highness."

"I must disagree, for it is the greatest honour to even have the most beautiful woman in the room for a moment."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.