Tommy Shelby- Honest (h)

Peaky Blinders One Shot

You were well aware that the amount that you would stay the night at Tommy's house, and the number of things that he had started to make sure stayed there, it seemed as if you were as good as living there.

None of his brothers had commented it but Polly had made one or two remarks about making an honest home out of Arrow House with the two of you there.

Tommy had gone out early that morning, leaving you in bed in the early hours but when he got back, he found you sat at the dressing table he'd had brought in for you.

"Is that my shirt?" he questioned when he saw you sitting in one of his button-up shirts; he couldn't deny that he liked the sight.

You smiled at him through the mirror. "You left it so nicely on my chair," you commented, your smile widening when he smirked. "You're telling me that was not a hint?"

He chuckled, not being able to foil your logic as he did indeed leave it there from the night before hoping you'd pick it up.

"I know you well Tommy," you stood up as you spoke, as you had been watching Tommy striding to meet you in the mirror.

He placed one hand on your waist and the other on your cheek, him smiling down at you with that smile that was reserved for you.

You returned his smile as you leant into his palm.

"It suits you better," he mused as the hand on your cheek moved to the collar of his shirt. "But it's not the most respectable for an honest home now is it?"

Laughing, you shook your head, knowing he was referring to what Polly said most times she came to visit.

He lightly dragged you over to the bit, him sitting down before pulling you to stand between his legs.

"And how do you plan on making this an honest home Thomas Shelby?" you questioned as his hands resting on your waist.

Pilling you forward, his hands rested on the small of your back whilst your hands wound around his neck. "I have one or two ideas," he stated with a smirk.

He then dug into the pocket of his trousers and pulled out a small box.

"One is this," he held the box up as he spoke. "And this is definitely my preferred option."

You giggled as you stared at the box before looking into Tommy's eyes.

"Will you Y/N?" he asked you gently as he opened the box. "Will you become a Shelby?"

Smiling, you let your hands play with the hairs at the nape of his neck. "For the making of an honest home?"

He chuckled, taking that as your answer and moving your left hand from his shoulder. "An honest home yes, makes Pol happy," he commented as he slid the ring on your finger, enjoying the sight.

"And what makes you happy Mr Shelby?" you quizzed, looking down at your new addition.

He hummed and then lifted your hand to his lips. "You do love," he spoke earnestly. "You always will."

~*~

Written by Hannah.