Will McKenzie- New Kid (a)

The Inbetweeners One Shot

"You finding everything okay?" You sat next to the bespectacled outcast as he clutched his fresh briefcase tightly against his wrinkle free blazer. "I was the new kid before you, I know the struggles

"I made it to psychology, but I am struggling to locate my will to live, any help? I can't find a map or anything..." He rolled his eyes and stared blankly at his lifeless mobile phone. "It's okay I guess."

"Don't pay attention to all those twats, I was the new kid once give it a few days and once you toss the badge, they'll forget you even exist." He promptly unclipped the gaudy green emblem from his lapel and tossed it into the overflowing bin that stood next to him. "Soon enough they'll be another new kid for the bullies to target, as long as you don't do anything particularly dickheadish you'll fit in just fine."

"I'll try, I don't think I'm that aggravating as a person honestly. Sure just because I come from a superior private school doesn't mean that I think I'm better as such, merely that I come from a higher economic background to everybody else here." You stared in disbelief, knowing that the next few years were going to be pure hell for Will no matter how hard you tried.

"Right, I probably wouldn't go around saying stuff like that... maybe just try and blend in, yeah?" The look of confusion that spread across Will's grimaced face told you that he thought he was doing his best to in fact, try and blend in. "Look just, sit in class, do your work and try and find somebody to latch onto. You've been talking to Simon and that bunch right?"

"Unfortunately." Will nodded sadly.

"Well it's better than nothing, sure they're hardly the coolest gang in the school but they're people to talk to, people to get you from a to b."

"Wait, what about you? You seem nice enough? Why can't you be my friend?" You almost struggled to contain your smirk.

"Because I said I was the new kid, not that I still am. No mate, I have actual friends. I was just going to give you some advice. Honestly Will you'd be lucky to last the week before Donovan knocks your head off." You looked over to the tall, slick haired bully who sat leant across the sixth form commune.

"Well... y/n... thank you for the fantastic advice, I look forward to speaking to you again." Will stood firmly with bewildered eyes.

"I wouldn't count on it, this is probably all you're going to get."

~*~

Written by Aaron.