Marcus Bell- Sherlock (h)

You weren't in the same profession as your fiancée, you were a teacher in kindergarten; whereas your boyfriend was a detective for the NYPD.

You admired Marcus for doing what he did, it was impressive and took a lot of confidence. And yet, every day without fail, Marcus would come home and tell you every single thing that was on his mind, because he knew how much you hated for him to bottle everything up.

Whilst you were marking some of your children's books, Marcus came storming into the apartment making you jump and some of the books fell off of the sofa.

Marcus slumped down onto the sofa, with his jacket taken off so you could see his holster "First off, give me your gun" you told him and he looked at you, as if to say 'no', but he complied nevertheless, "Now tell me what is wrong" you requested as you placed Marcus' gun on the coffee table.

"Sherlock" Marcus stated, but you gave him a look which told him to elaborate "I feel so incompetent next to Sherlock, he can figure everything out within seconds. It doesn't work because he can solve a case within days, whereas some cases will take me weeks – it just sucks, and I don't know what to do about it" Marcus ranted as he sighed, and just slumped further into the couch.

"You're scared that you'll get taken off the important cases with Sherlock, right?" you assumed and Marcus nodded, sighing once again "Well that is something that will never happen" you stated nonchalantly, as you took a sip of your coffee.

Marcus sat up, and looked at you inquisitively "What do you mean? Babe, Sherlock could replace me any day, there's no use in sugar coating it" he explained but you shook your head.

"Do you remember when Sherlock stood up for you? When he fought in your corner, to make sure that you could be with him on every single case along with Joan" you asked and Marcus nodded, not seeing what you were getting at "Well something I learnt about people...if they do it once, they'll do it again" you told him and Marcus shrugged, still not realising your point "Sherlock is your friend Marcus, he is always going to be there to make sure that you are there next to him" you explained.

You took Marcus' hand in yours "He's your bloody best friend for pete's sake – best may be a far stretch, but that's not my point" you got side tracked as you spoke, which caused Marcus to laugh.

Marcus pulled you into his lap "Plus, Joan couldn't handle Sherlock on her own so don't leave her by herself" you warned him with a smile on your face.

Marcus placed one hand on the back of your neck, and pulled your head down to meet his in a gentle kiss "I knew I was marrying you for a reason" Marcus murmured.

"So that I can tell you you're being a dumbass? Not bad" you joked, but Marcus smiled and then shut you up with another kiss.

~*~

Written by Hannah.