Jamie Taylor- Upset (c)

The Haunting of Bly Manor One Shot

Jamie held onto your hands firmly, trying to comfort you but seen as she didn't know what was making you cry, it was a bit of a task. She knew that you could be quite external with your emotions but normally she knew why you were crying and that certainly wasn't the case today. The two of you had been talking about taking the next step in your relationship and moving in together when you burst into tears. If her self-worth was lower, then she would have thought it was caused by the idea of living with her.

"Calm down," she smiled softly. "What's got you so upset?"

Your sob caught in your throat as you tried to bring the words to your lips.

"I just don't understand," you croaked, your voice hoarse from the number of tears.

She cocked an eyebrow at you. "What don't you understand?"

It took you a moment to wrap your head around how to voice what you were thinking but with the emotions that rushed through your head, it felt almost impossible to fathom what was going on.

"I don't know how you could want to spend that time with me," you whispered. "I don't know what would make you think you love me."

Somehow you explaining what was going on made things less clear to Jamie. It was almost as useful as you talking complete nonsense.

"Why wouldn't I love you?" She questioned. "We've been together for over a year, and you've made me happier than I have ever been."

"I'm not loveable."

Jamie squeezed your hands tighter. "Who said you aren't loveable?"

Another sob escaped you as the memories became stronger in your mind. It was all too much to think about, all the darkness and sadness that had led to the smallest sign of kindness causing you to break down into tears.

"My parents."

"What do you mean your parents said that?"

You tried to not choke on the sobs in your throat.

"They said it was a curse for me to be a lesbian. When I came out when I was fourteen, they were completely disgusted with me, they threw me out and made it clear that they could never love me and no one else ever would."

Jamie didn't need to hear anything else. She wrapped her arms around you in a tight embrace. No one deserved that treatment and it only hurt more to know that the woman she did desperately loved was treated in such a manner.

"There is no sin in love," she smiled softly. "There isn't anything wrong with loving someone. You are completely loveable, and I know that because I fucking love you with all my heart. They were the ones in the wrong, not you."

"I love you Jamie," you whispered.

You didn't completely believe in what she was saying but you needed to trust her because if you didn't then it would continue to destroy you.

"I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request