Jamie Taylor- Potted Plant (c)

The Haunting of Bly Manor One Shot

Since you first started working at Bly Manor, you had been fond of Jamie. She had immediately made you feel welcome in her own way, and you couldn't manage to spend enough time with her. At first you felt as though you were forcing your friendship upon her, but she did seem to enjoy your company but from what you knew of her, she wasn't going to initiate anything with you, leaving that upon you. You had made every excuse in the book to be able to spend time with her, even if it was just for a second but those excuses had limits.

After a while all the normal excuses had been overused and you feared the ruining of your growing relationship with Jamie, if you admitted that you liked her or just wanted to spend more time with her. You didn't know what else you could do to get time with her but then you settled on a new plan, using her passion and interest in plants to your advantage.

You had never been able to keep a plant alive for more than a matter of days, so had popped to the nearest shop and bought a sad looking houseplant that you could claim to have brought from home when you met her at her greenhouse in the gardens of Bly Manor.

"Jamie, I wondered if you could help me?" You smiled placing the potted plant onto the work surface.

"What with?" She asked, putting down what she had been working on.

You hadn't fully thought through what you would say but maybe that would work in your favour to play on your ignorance when it came to plant life.

"I've had this plant for a while and no matter what I do, it just looks a bit miserable," you explained. "I don't even know what it is."

Jamie cocked an eyebrow at you before turning her attention to the plant. She looked over the plants leaves and plucked out a piece of paper from the top of the dirt.

"Why does it have a tag on it?" She asked, showing you the label from the plant that you had forgotten to remove.

You smiled sheepishly at her. "I may have bought it today to try and give me an excuse to talk to you."

"You could have just spoken to me; you didn't need to buy a dying plant for that."

You dug your nails into your palm, nervously facing the thing you had had tried to hide from for so long.

"I didn't want to fuck up our friendship by telling you that I liked you," you said.

She pushed the plant back towards you. "Well, you should have. Maybe instead of buying plants for me to take care of, we could just go for a drink?"

You nodded your head. "I'd love to."

~*~
Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.