Robbie Jennings- My Heart: Part 1 (h)

Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging One Shot

School was often brutal, sometimes you liked being there and other times it was the last place you wanted to be, but that's the same for every teenager, surely.

The only downside to your school day most of the time is that Robbie had no shortage of admirers, of course you couldn't blame them, but it did get grating.

Robbie had never given you a reason to doubt him or not to trust him; the two of you had been together for a little under a year, and in that time he had been the most amazing boyfriend to you, a part of you truly felt you'd found your person but then the other part of you still had worries.

You saw the looks the other girls gave you at school as you walked down the corridor holding Robbie's hand, the looks they'd give you if they saw you helping at his Mum's store, the looks you'd get if they saw you two out on a date together – they were endless, and always judging.

The rational part of you knew that you should have said something to Robbie about it all, but it always felt so petty to complain about some looks you got from a few girls.

In the end, your doubts got the better of you, and your heart hurt at the heartbroken look on Robbie's face as you spoke to him by the sea.

"But I thought we were good? We're happy?" he questioned you, sounding both hurt and confused.

You sighed, crossing your arms in an attempt to shield yourself. "We are Rob, but I don't think I'm enough," you admitted to him. "Those girls at school, the ones that are your age, they're much more suited to you than I am, they can do a lot better than I can."

Robbie was shaking his head as he paced on the beach. "Why can't we talk about this? Why can't we work through it?"

You sighed again, deciding to walk over to him in an attempt to stop the pacing. He stopped as soon as you were in front of him, his hands going to your waist and his forehead resting on yours.

"Please Y/N," he pleaded with you. "Those girls at school, they have nothing on you, you are it for me," he rambled as he kept his forehead against yours. "Remember all those plans we made? Moving to Brighton after we finish, going to college there, getting our own place," your heart hurt more as he reminded you of everything you'd promised each other.

It took a lot for you to leave Robbie on the beach that day, but the whole way home you told yourself that it was for the best, and he'd be better off.

That's what you told yourself for the next two weeks. Robbie wasn't himself at school, that much you knew, and neither were you – it was hard to see him walking down the corridor looking so hurt but trying to smile for his friends, it hurt to see him in general if you were being honest with yourself.

Even Tom had tried to come and speak with you at lunch, trying to convince you to speak with Robbie.

"Come on Y/N," Tom begged you as he walked alongside you in the corridor. "Rob doesn't know what to do with himself, he's a wreck."

"What do you want me to say Tom?" you sighed as you spoke, shifting your bag back onto your shoulder. "That I hate that I've done this to him? That I can't stand how heartbroken he looks? That I wish I could fix whatever I'm feeling?"

Tom chuckled but ultimately nodded causing you to roll your eyes.

"It's not that simple Tom, I can't change how they look at him, I can't change how it makes me feel, and I don't want to be a burden on him."

It was Tom's turn to roll his eyes, as he then caught your arm before you went to storm away. "Look, come to his gig this Saturday, he'd want you there."

~*~

Written by Hannah.