Patterson- Mario Kart (c)

You had been friends with Patterson for a long while prior to your relationship, and until a few months ago you had never realised her 'slight' obsession with Mario Kart. You had always known that she liked video games and when you first went to her apartment you were overwhelmed by the amount of gaming systems she owned, however you didn't know how much time she had spent on that singular game.

Patterson had convinced you to play Mario Kart on every version she could get her hands on, and every single time she beat you. It had been a game you'd played every once in a while with friends and family but she treated it almost religiously. At first you thought maybe she was cheating, but then you just realised she had more talents than you had expected, including some not-so-useful ones such as Mario Kart.

Sadly she was also a very proud woman, meaning she wasn't going to show you any pity and simply let you win at the game she prided herself in being so good at.

Currently the two of you were sat on her sofa whilst you played one of her many versions of Mario Kart, which ended how you had expected, with Patterson cheering and you slumping your shoulders in defeat.

"I'll beat you at this game one day," you sighed, leaning you head against the back of the sofa.

"I wouldn't hold your breath," she grinned triumphantly.

"Can't you just let me win once? I'll know you cheated, you'll know you cheated, but it might help boost my ego, stop this feeling of defeat brewing," you suggested.

She nudged your side with her elbow, as placed her controller onto the floor, taking yours and placing it beside hers. Once they were out of the way, she brushed your hair from the side of your face, leaning in to press her lips to your cheek. She wrapped her arms around you, grabbing the remote from the arm of the chair next to you, and switching the TV to look for something to watch, settling on a TV show that she knew you both liked.

Once the TV had changed, she settled down holding you, and peppering your cheek with soft kisses.

Between each kiss she said a word all together forming a sentence, "I. Am. Never. Allowing. You. To. Beat. Me. At. That. Game."

A laugh escaped your lips as she rested her face into your neck.

"I'm just going to have to practice whilst you are at work," you laughed, "Or I'll just make sure to distract you when you play, as it'd annoy you more to lose to the computer than to me."

She looked up with a fake offended expression.

"You wouldn't dare. I know you enjoy seeing me happy when I win, and you know I make it up to you," she stated kissing you once again.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.