Eloise Bridgerton- Begonias (c)

Bridgerton One Shot

Today was the day that was going to either make or break everything that you cared about. Since you were babies, you had been best friends with Eloise but as the other girls spoke of the boys they liked, you realised that you were far more interested in woman, not that you could speak openly about that. It wasn't until you were preparing for your first season that you realised that it wasn't all women who you liked but one specifically who had stolen your heart, your best friend.

You were far too terrified to admit that you liked her, it took you months of thinking and worrying before you decided that you couldn't continue being her friend when you hid your true feelings. You had never heard Eloise speak fondly of men or finding a husband and that didn't necessarily mean that she'd rather have a girlfriend, but it did give you hope, so you decided to take your shot.

Early one morning you had headed to the florist, buying a small bouquet. You knew that Eloise didn't care too much for flowers, but you didn't feel right arriving empty handed, not that anything else about the matter was proper. One of the maids let you into the Bridgerton home as you were a frequent visitor and headed straight to the drawing room where you knew Eloise would be this time accompanied by her mother and younger brother and sister.

"Y/N," Mrs Bridgerton smiled fondly greeting you. "Those are beautiful flowers; I did not know you had any gentlemen calling for you as you are yet to debut."

You held a smile upon your lips as lies spilled from them. "It was very unexpected, but I guess that it is a good sign to have someone calling for me before I've even been shown my options."

"Mother do not start with the discussion of marriage," Eloise frowned, making her way over to you to link her arm with yours. "I disapprove fully of Y/N debuting, but we still have time to change her mind."

She quickly whisked you from the room to stop the discussion anymore, heading off to the library where the two of you tended to sit to speak, the other members of her family rarely entering.

"So, who is this gentleman?" She questioned.

You let out an awkward laugh. "I lied. There is no gentleman."

She cocked an eyebrow. "Then why do you carry flowers."

You took a second to clear the nerves from your mind so that words could escape you clearly so that you could tell her the truth.

"They are for you," you whispered. "I am terribly scared to say this as it is far from proper and you would have every right to hate me as I am meant to be your friend, but I have fallen deeper than friendship could ever hold. I have fallen hopelessly in love with you, and I could no longer hide it. I know that flowers mean little to you, but I wished to bring something, and begonias are meant for knowledge and your mind and wit is certainly one of the driving forces to why I fell."

Eloise gently took the flowers, looking down at the bouquet, having never been given flowers before, especially not from someone that could make her want to like them.

"You are lucky that I care little for what is proper," she smiled fondly. "I never knew how to tell you how I felt as I never thought you'd requite my feelings."

"You like me too?" You asked.

She nodded. "I would not accept flowers from someone who I didn't love. Even if it is in secret, I couldn't imagine being with anyone else."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.