Jamie Adeyemi- Recruit: Part 1 (a)

Valorant One Shot

"AY!" You heard the echo of the shout trail you as you turned the corner and pressed your back against the cold brick wall which completely blocked your way. "I know you're back there, come out before you start to make me really angry!" You heard light, nimble footsteps slowly approach the corner of the alley, the chase had already been on for too long and there was no way for you to keep on running. "If you think you're going to pull a shank or something I swear to you it will not end how you think it will." As the steps approached closer and closer, your heart began to pound beyond any control. You held your breath, counted to three and clenched your fists, your eyes slowly trailed down to your hands as you watched yourself slowly disappear. "Got you!" Your pursuer turned the corner, fists clenched and reeled back ready to fight. You felt heavy drips of sweat roll down your cheek as he unknowingly stared into your very soul.

"I know you're in here. I don't know where you're hiding but you picked a bad day to try and pickpocket in my ends." He put his hands softly on the wall and gazed around, you could almost see him thinking the same as you did... wall too high to get over, nothing to hide behind, no other exit routes. "I am going to give you to the count of three." He peered over his shoulder before sighing deeply. As if from nowhere a small ball of flame appeared in his hands, illuminating the dark alleyway, you watched as it grew bigger and bigger. "I know you're here somewhere and if you don't get your stupid ass out right now I'm dropping this on the floor and trust me when I say it will fuck you up... One... two..."

"Wait!" You fell to your knees and slowly revealed yourself. "I'm sorry alright. Please, don't hurt me."

"Did you just... go invisible?" He asked, outstretching a hand to help you up. You reached out but then pulled back, scared that his hand would burn you. "Don't worry, it's not hot... I am... but that's even without the fire." You accepted his offer. "I think you've got a little bit of explaining to do and you had better not keep me waiting."

"I just needed some money to get food..."

"Oh, my days... right now do you think I care about the stealing. Trust me, we will get to that but right now I need to know how you did that." A small chatter erupted from the alleyway, a group of concerned... nosy... citizens began flooding you and your capturer. "Look, don't say nothing. Come back with me to my place, we can talk safely there. I'll explain everything on the way just don't be a dickhead and try to run away."

~*~

Written by Aaron.