Danny Wheeler- Cuddle (h)

You had just woken up and you reached over to your boyfriend's side of the bed, only to find an empty space which made you frown.

You wondered where Danny was, he rarely got up before you as he always said he preferred to stay in bed with you rather than get up.

You decided to see if he was still in the apartment, or if he had just gone out and not wanted to wake you. You opened the door and went to walk to the kitchen but you heard voices. The first voice you recognised was Danny's, but the second voice was female and you knew that it was Riley.

You had always wanted to get along with Riley, she seemed like such a nice girl and you knew that she and Danny were close so you had never had anything against them seeing each other – you weren't the jealous type.

You stood by the archway of the kitchen, not wanting to be seen by either of them "She isn't good enough for you Danny" you heard Riley say "What are you talking about Riles? If anything, I am not good enough for her" Danny defended you which made you smile, you had always felt like you couldn't compare to Danny but he never stopped trying to prove you wrong.

"She's going to break your heart Danny, I just know it" Riley spoke again and her words felt like knives. You slowly retreated back to Danny's room "You should be with someone that at least knows what you do for a living. She doesn't know anything about ice hockey" Riley's words made you feel even worse.

You didn't manage to open Danny's bedroom door – you slid down the wall until you were sitting down on the floor. You pulled your knees up to your chest and put your head on top of them.

You loved Danny so much; you had never felt like this with anyone else. Danny made you smile when you were upset, he took care of you when you were sick, he always made sure that you were happy before anything else.

In short, he was your life.

Your eyes started to fill up with tears and you didn't have the energy to wipe them away. At that point, you just wanted to disappear and not be there anymore.

—– Danny's P.O.V —–
I couldn't understand why Riley was acting like this. Y/N and I had been in a relationship for almost a year, but Riley never stopped telling me that I should break up with Y/N because she didn't care about me or something like that.

I had zoned out from whatever Riley was saying. I didn't care about what she was saying; none of it was true so I didn't see why I should listen to her.

I heard crying which confused me, it didn't sound like Emma and she was at day care anyway. I thought Y/N was asleep, Y/N was crying.

"Stop Riley" I said getting up from the table and walking towards my room. The sight that met me, it made my heart feel like it was about to break.

The love of my life was crying her eyes out, slumped against the wall with her knees up to her chest. I sat down next to her and put my arm around her shoulder. She cuddled up to my side and I kissed the top of her head.

"Baby, why are you crying?" I asked as she gripped my shirt "I heard Riley, I heard what she was saying" she answered but her voice was muffled as she didn't look up at me "What Riley said, that wasn't true Baby. You know that I love you and I know you love me. No one can ruin that" I said in the most comforting tone I could.

"I guess I just overreacted" Y/N said trying to lighten the mood "Can we just go back to bed and cuddle?" she asked pulling her adorable puppy dog face.

"Whatever you want Baby" I said smiling at her as the two of us got up off the floor.

~*~

Written by Hannah.