Maxxie Oliver- Bikes (c)

You let out an exasperated sigh leaning back on the dirt, not caring that there was the metal contraption lying on top of one of your legs. Using one of your hands, you wiped your sweaty forehead out of your face.

This seemed like an impossible ordeal, and lying on the floor in pain seemed the best option. Your leg hurt, and really moving the metal would just entangle your limbs more.

You heard the swift stop of your friend's bike next to you, before it fell onto the floor next to you.

"Are you okay?" Maxxie exclaimed kneeling down at your side, looking at your face then down at your leg.

"My leg hurts. And I have decided I'll take a pass on the bike ride next weekend," you groaned.

Your friends had all planned to go out on a bike ride before camping for the weekend. However you had never learnt how to ride a bike, at seventeen, you had missed your real chance to learn. But pushing your ego to the side, you asked your best friend Maxxie to help you learn, as to not make a fool of yourself in front of your other friends.

The pair of you had gone to the park. Although you didn't own a bike, the others knew of that fact, and Tony had borrowed Effy's for you, so Maxxie just asked to borrow it slightly earlier for you two to go to the park.

"Is it okay if I take a look at it?" He asked gesturing to your leg.

You nodded.

He gently moved the bike from between your legs, pushing the hunk of metal towards the other one.

Once the obstacle was out of the way, he rolled up your trouser leg, causing it to sting a little.

"I think you need to go to the hospital," he sighed.

"Is it that bad?" You gasped, sitting up to see what damage you had done.

From what you could see there was blood coming from the bottom side of it, and the top was already swelling and bruising.

"I'm going to text someone to get the bikes. Then I can help you get to the hospital," he said pulling his phone from his pocket.

Quickly he tapped at the keys on his phone, before putting it back into his pocket.

He stood up, moving around so he could crouch down slightly. Maxxie wrapped an arm around your waist, whilst you slung an arm around his shoulder, allowing him to help pull you up onto your feet- well foot.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

You nodded to reassure him.

"Do you want me to carry you?" He questioned.

"Don't even think about it. I'm already embarrassed that I can't ride a bike, and fell off of it, in public. I don't need you to realise how heavy I am, and make me look like even more of a fool," you grumbled.

He let out a laugh. Before you could argue any longer, his over arm quickly flew under your legs, pulling you up into his arms, making sure he didn't hurt your leg in any way.

"Maxxie put me down," you frowned punching his shoulder as hard as you could.

"God Y/N/N, you weren't joking," he groaned, dipping his arms slightly as though he was struggling in carrying you.

Your jaw dropped in an annoyed and shocked expression, once again letting your fist collide with his shoulder. He shifted slightly, pulling you closer to him, actually holding you properly in his arms as he walked.

"Just kidding," he laughed, "you're as light as a feather. So don't complain. I am carrying you after all. I'm being a good friend and all you do in return is punch me."

"Sorry Maxxie," you smiled softly.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.