Jonny Goodman- Delivery (c)

Friday Night Dinner One Shot

Working as a delivery driver for a restaurant wasn't the most ideal of jobs, but it paid the bills, and it meant your car constantly smelt like food which for the most part was an okay thing. You had done a run of two orders and dropped them off to the houses they belonged too, including the regulars of the Goodman's. You had delivered to them several times before and as the mother of the family was very chatty, you had ended up getting to know them better than most of the customers you delivered to. Today they stood out more than normal, which for a slightly obnoxiously out their family, it was almost impressive.

You had been called out to their house a few times already and another call had come through to the shop again sending you back to their home. The first time to their home it was normal, as you were delivering their meal as you were expected. Jackie, the mother, had tried extending the conversation as long as she could, even calling her sons to the door, to attempt to persuade you pop in as they had ordered enough for a guest. You had declined and headed on to your next delivery.

Before you had even returned to the shop, you had been called by one of the waiters to say the Goodman's hadn't received their full meal, so you needed to pick up one of the sides they were owed and return it to them. Jackie tried talking to you again but you cut the conversation short and headed back to the shop. As soon as you walked into the shop, you were handed a small bag, with something else that needed to be taken to the Goodman's. This happened twice more, leaving you pulling up outside of the Goodman's residence for the fifth time.

You grabbed the small paper bag, containing only a single garlic dip, that they had insisted they had ordered and needed it to be delivered. Knocking at the door, you knew that it would only be a couple of seconds before Jackie opened the door. She threw open the door with a gleeful smile on her face.

"Y/N," she smiled. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," you responded, frankly getting a little tired of returning to the same house over and over again.

Jackie reached out to take the bag but cupped your hand between hers instead.

"Can I tell you the truth, Y/N?" She said in a hushed tone. "I didn't mean to give you the run about tonight but my youngest, Jonny, he finds you attractive and I've seen the way you look at him, he's a handsome boy, isn't he?"

Your face became flushed at her comments. You had noticed her son before, several times and you did find him attractive, but you wouldn't have ever had to guts to admit that to him.

Before you could say anything, Jackie called out her son's name, making him reluctantly join you both at the door.

"Jonny," she gleamed. "Wouldn't it be nice if Y/N, joined us for dinner?"

"Mum," he sighed.

"I'm sorry Mrs Goodman, but I am in the middle of my shift, I've got to get back to work," you said apologetically, hoping she'd accept your excuse, seen as you were actually at work.

Jackie gave her son a shove towards you. "That's a shame, but Jonny, at least walk the girl to her car."

You both knew it was easier to just play along and the two of you left back towards your car that was parked near the entrance of their drive.

"I'm sorry about my mum," Jonny apologised. "She's a bit crazy."

"Don't worry, we've all got crazy family."

He chuckled softly as you reached the car, him running a hand through his hair but silence continued to fill the air.

"Your mum was trying to set us up," you admitted, deciding to try and use this situation to your advantage. "Maybe we should exchange numbers so you could warn me if the calls to the shop are fakes. Or to maybe plan a dinner together?"

Jonny smiled, pulling his phone out of his pocket. "I was thinking the same thing."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request