Daphne Bridgerton- Bouquet (c)

Bridgerton One Shot

When you were a little girl, all you thought for your future was finding a nice husband who would keep you well and give him as many children as he wanted but yet here you are unmarried, pretending to still be interested in that and then in love hidden from society. You never even considered that you could fall in love with a woman but when you met Daphne, it didn't take you long to fall for her.

You both knew that you couldn't be seen in public in a relationship, not willing to ruin your families' names in society, but not wanting to lose the chance at love. The two of you met frequently, most people assuming you were just dear friends, but they didn't need to know what happened behind closed doors.

Once again, the two of you met at her home, leading you to her bedroom where the two of you could have a moment of privacy from the prying eyes and ears of her large family.

"It's so good to see you," she smiled softly, pressing her lips to your cheek.

"I have missed you dearly," you responded, taking her hand within yours.

You loved her so dearly and you wished that it would be possible for the two of you to spend all of your time together but that wasn't an option, so you had to make the most of spending time together when you could. Every moment that you got to spend with her made the time apart slightly easier.

"I brought you some flowers," you said softly. "They reminded me of you."

It was a small bouquet, hoping that it would gain little attention from others around, but you were glad to offer Daphne a gift.

She took the bouquet and smelt the flowers. "I love them."

"They are gardenia's," you smiled. "They seemed rather apt as they are meant to mean a secret love."

Daphne looked up from the flowers, offering you a gentle, loving smile. She put the bouquet down on her bed to free up her hands to wrap her arms around you without crushing the flowers. You shared a close intimate embrace, appreciating the privacy of her room to be able to show any form of minimal affection.

"I love them so much, thank you," she said softly. "I wish I could show my mother without lying about who gave them to me."

"Maybe one day we will be able to be free to show our love, but for today, I shall be happy to still have you here in my arms."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.