Wendell Bray- Mornings (h)

Bones One Shot

It was pretty well known nowadays that if you wanted to meet someone then you met them online, it was a rarity to meet someone anywhere else.

You had thought yourself lucky pretty much every day for the past six months, as six months ago you met Wendell in your local bar – which surprised basically all of your friends as again, who ever met someone in the real world.

Wendell had been amazing to you ever since you met; he was kind, gentle, funny and one of the smartest people you'd ever met too.

There was something about him that felt right to you, in a strange way he felt safe, he felt like home, and you welcomed that feeling.

Like every Friday night, you had stayed at Wendell's place, and like every Saturday morning you were up making the two of you coffee dressed in one of his old college sweatshirts.

You were so lost in your own world that you didn't hear Wendell come into the kitchen, nor did you hear him lean against the counter as he watched you move about in your normal morning routine.

He cleared his throat causing you to turn around, holding your favourite mug that had somehow found its way from your apartment into Wendell's kitchen cupboard.

"Why are you smiling at me like that?" you quizzed as you got his mug out too, his favourite – one that Angela had given him for secret Santa, a picture of the two of you on it.

He shrugged but not wiping the smile off his face. "I just love you."

Your heart melted every time he told you that, partly because you loved him just as much but the other part because you just couldn't believe you were with a guy as amazing as him.

"And want to know another thing?" you nodded for him to go on. "I can't get over how a few months ago I wanted to learn your name and now you're having breakfast with me in my sweater."

You smiled back at him as you walked over, him welcoming you into his arms as yours went around his neck. "Well, we haven't quite gotten to breakfast yet, just coffee."

He chuckled. "You're still in my sweater though," he commented before leaning in to kiss you gently.

"What can I say? It's comfy," you joked as you rested your forehead against his.

Smiling at you, he kissed your nose. "Mornings with you are my favourite."

You nodded in agreement. "We can make them a regular thing," you told him. "Only if I can wear your sweater the whole time."

"Why on earth would I say no to that?" he jokingly questioned. "It's the best part of my morning."

~*~

Written by Hannah.