Jim Kirk- Pillow (h)

The time off had been long awaited; you had missed your bed, your routine, you had missed your home in general.

You and your fiancée had been on a three-and-a-half-year mission with the Enterprise and its crew; the two of you had returned around two days ago.

Jim, being the captain, had to write a report about the mission and just summarising what had happened whereas Spock was required to go into full detail as let's be honest, he was the more observant on in the friendship.

Jim's focus had been mainly on the report, which didn't annoy you too much but he didn't even say thank you or hello to you.

You had woken up to an empty bed, and you heard furious typing in the study next door.

"Babe" you called out, you didn't need to shout as the door was open, however you got not reply "JIM" you tried yelling, in an attempt to get a reply.

When no reply came, you knew he was concentrating pretty seriously. You got out of bed, still wearing Jim's shirt, and grabbed your fiancée's pillow before walking to the study.

You stood at the doorway, and Jim was sat with his back to you as he was facing the computer. The computer was set up in front of the large window, so whenever you sat there you would not be able to know who was at the door.

You lobbed the pillow at Jim, and it hit his head. Jim turned around, and faced his rather sleepy fiancé as you were leaning against the doorway.

"What?" he asked softly, picking up the pillow and walking over to you.

You sighed, and ran a hand through your hair "Oh it's nothing, just giant lobsters terrorising your friends and family" you spoke sarcastically.

Your comment caused a confused look to make its way onto Jim's face, "What are you on about?" he asked again, still in the soft tone.

"I was just checking you could actually hear me" you responded as you grabbed the pillow.

"Of course I can Baby" Jim said, sounding confused.

You crossed your arms as you continued to lean against the doorframe, "It's just, we're supposed to be relaxing. I get that you need to do the report, you know I do, but you haven't been listening to me or even having a conversation with me" you explained.

Jim sighed and pulled you into a hug "How about I save the report, shut down the computer and then join you in bed for cuddling?" Jim suggested and you looked up at him with a smile on your face.

"That sounds great" you whispered as you buried your head in his chest.

Jim chuckled, and wrapped his arms around your shoulders. He rested his head on top of yours, and kissed your hair before whispering "I love you Baby" in reply.

~*~

Written by Hannah.