Ted Mosby- Matchmaking (h)

You were sat at MacLarens with Lily and Marshall. You had met Lily through her teaching job, you were helping out for a couple of weeks and you ended up in Lily's class.

What Lily didn't know, was that you had already met one of her friends. You had been in a relationship with Ted, who was Lily and Marshall's friend since their college days. Ted hadn't told them yet as you had only been together for a matter of months, it wasn't that long plus you had never bumped into Robin as Ted stayed at yours when Robin was there and you went to his when Robin wasn't there.

"Ted should be here soon, Robin too but Barney isn't coming" Lily said sounding excited "Why are you so hyper Lils?" you asked and she shrugged "I just think that you and Ted would be a good match" she mused and Marshall laughed as he sat down next to her, giving you a bottle of beer "Stop playing matchmaker" Marshall told her.

Soon enough, Ted and Robin walked in together. Lily started getting too excited and you laughed "Lily, calm" you said as Ted sat down next to you and Robin sat on the chair at the end of the table.

"Y/N, this is Ted" Lily introduced you to Ted and you laughed "I know" you said and Ted put his arm around your shoulder "She's kind of my girlfriend" Ted said and Lily's mouth drops "You didn't tell me" she exclaimed to you "I'm sorry" you apologised.

"This is where you need to spill everything. Don't leave out any details" Marshall stated and you gasped playfully "Marshall, you're supposed to be on my side" you pretended to sound shocked when you spoke "I want to know who my best friend is dating, and I want to know the story" he said and Lily nodded in agreement with him.

"Can I just ask, have you been going to her place when you weren't at the flat?" Robin asked and Ted nodded, confirming Robin's enquiry "Yeah, she came to ours when you weren't there too" Ted admitted and Robin smiled "That explains why the kitchen was clean" she stated making you laugh "I may or may not have cleaned it after I made breakfast" you said.

Ted decided to explain your relationship, so far, to everyone. You felt bad for not telling Lily, she was a close friend to you but you knew that she would introduce you to Ted eventually as everyone knew she loved matchmaking.

"Looks like your matchmaking was a little late Lil" Ted laughed when he spoke "Yeah, but my intuition was right. The two of you are a great match" she defended herself and you smiled.

"Thanks Lily, I am glad you approve" you spoke softly as you leaned into your boyfriend.  

~*~

Written by Hannah.