Bash- Dance (c)

One of his hands was lightly resting on the small of your back, whilst his over wrapped around your own.

Although you had spent nearly every day for the last year preparing for this day, your brain had suddenly became scarce of any knowledge of how to dance. It was supposed to be engrained into your being, but really you were so lost in the eyes of your new husband, the correct dance had disappeared.

You attempted to follow his steps but he clearly was as distracted as you were, as every once in a while you'd trip over each other's feet or step in the wrong place. Looking around you could see your parents looking disapprovingly at your failure of a first dance, but your husband's father seemed to be amused by it.

"This isn't going very well," you laughed softly, looking at your feet attempting not to fall over your skirt or his feet.

"I think it is going perfectly well. We shall certainly never forget this. I am just happy to be dancing with you, even if this isn't going exactly how it should be," he chuckled.

You looked back up at him, with a soft smile on your face.

"I love you Bash, I am glad to say I am finally your wife," you whispered, not trusting your words to be an accurate perception of how you felt as if they were anything like your current steps it would be likely to go awry.

He leaned in to kiss you softly, as you both continued to dance- well if you could call what you were doing dancing.

"Y/N, I love you too. I never thought you would agree to marry me, your family got no political gain from you marrying the bastard son of the King of France, but here we are, and I couldn't be happier," he smiled.

"You are much more than just the bastard son of the King. Granted my parents were not happy about it at first, but being able to tell people their daughter is living in the court of France made them happy. But you mean more to me than politics. You are perfect in every way, and I don't think I could ask for someone as amazing as you."

His smile grew as the dance came to an end, the music shifting tell everyone else that they could dance also now.

"I am hardly perfect my love. You are though. You make me happier than I ever expected to be. It is a great honour to be your husband," he stated, removing his hand from your back, bringing it round to hold onto yours.

"Shall we just agree to disagree on the perfection front? Let's go speak to our guests. I'm sure my Mother will not be happy if we do not speak with her soon. She will probably want to berate us for messing up our dance," you laughed softly.

He gestured for you to lead the way.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.