Colin Bridgerton- First Christmas (c)

Bridgerton One Shot

Although on a normal year, you enjoyed Christmas dearly, this year you had so much more excitement for it due to having a child to celebrate it with. You had married your now husband, Colin, a couple of months before the previous Christmas and almost a year to your anniversary you had given birth to your daughter. This was the first Christmas for the three of you as a family, and even if your daughter was only a couple of months old and wouldn't remember this day, you and Colin both would and wanted to start her first festive period with how you planned to continue as you raised her.

You had been woken up early by your daughters crying anyway, so decided to start your Christmas Day even if the sun had barely started to rise. You scooped up your daughter from her crib and soothed her before getting yourself and your daughter dressed ready for the day. Together you headed down to the main living area of your home that held your Christmas tree and knew your husband would be there waiting as you had heard him head down already.

"Merry Christmas," you smiled, pressing your lips to his cheek, doing your best to not trap your daughter between the two of you.

"Merry Christmas, my love," Colin smiled back, before leaning in to kiss the top of your daughter's head. "And Merry Christmas darling."

"She was clearly excited for the festive joy of today, or simply likes me only sleeping two hours a night," you sighed.

You loved your daughter dearly, but you were excited to get to the stage that she was able to get through even half of the night without needing a feed or comfort throughout.

"Let's hope she sleeps through some of lunch, rather than crying through it all like she did at Daphne's last week," Colin laughed. "For something so small, she has a good set of lungs."

You nodded your head, taking your seat in your arm chair, your daughter curled up in your arms looking like the innocent angel that made you fall so desperately in love with her. You thought that Colin was going to grab the presents for your daughter but instead he grabbed the sprig of mistletoe from the doorway and brought it over to hold above your head.

You rolled your eyes at him but accepted the sweet kiss to start off the perfect Christmas Day.

~*~
Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.