Eric Coulter- Don't Mess (h)

Let's just say that you weren't afraid of much, well you weren't afraid of anything.

You transferred from Erudite to Dauntless at the choosing ceremony – you had always known that you didn't fit in at Erudite, they were super smart and knew everything, whereas you were pretty badass and didn't like to put up with people who weren't worth your time.

You and all of the other initiates were in the training room, Four had made you all wait for Eric to arrive – you weren't complaining at all, you and Eric had a sort of flirtationship going on.

"Y/N and Amy – fight" Eric declared as he walked up.

"I can beat her easy," Amy stated as she climbed up "She's nothing to me" Amy continued.

You just rolled your eyes, climbing up onto the mat "I wouldn't hold your breath, if I were you Sweetheart" you told her, you swore you heard Eric chuckle.
"I'm waiting" Eric spoke in a bored tone; you turned around and caught his eye 'Go get 'em'' he mouthed at you, making you blush a little.

Amy made the first move, she swung for your head but you ducked. You used your low stance to kick her legs out from underneath her, she hit the floor like a rock. You grabbed both of her flailing arms and pinned her down on the mat. You held both of her arms down with one hand, and used the other to punch her. However, she continued to struggle; you kneed her in the stomach which made her groan and you knew she wouldn't be getting back up after that.

You let her arms go and stood up, whilst she was groaning on the mat. You didn't give her a second glance, before you jumped down from the mat.

As Amy was taken off to the medical wing, Eric grasped your arm and led you off to the hallway, outside the training room.

"How are you not scared of anything?" he asked you in disbelief, "I don't get you Y/N, you talk to me like I am just another person in Dauntless" he said, but it was more to himself than to you.

There was something that you hadn't told Eric. It wasn't that you didn't want to tell him, you hadn't told him because you were scared of what he would do. You had heard of what they did to people like you, you didn't want to end up like the others.

You gently took Eric's hand, surprisingly he didn't pull away, and led him to his flat.

Eric didn't speak one word whilst the two of you were walking, he knew that something was up and it was better for him to just stay silent.

The two of you eventually reached his flat. Eric unlocked the door and held it open for you, before he walked in himself.

"I have something to tell you" you spoke nervously "I don't even know if I should tell you this," you ran a hand through your hair as you spoke, "They told me not to tell anyone" you murmured to yourself.

Instead of saying anything in reply, Eric pulled you into a hug full of warmth.
"You don't need to tell me anything that you don't want to," he whispered but you shook your head and pulled away from him.

"I'm Divergent, Eric"

~*~

Written by Hannah.