Benedict Bridgerton- Secret (c)

Bridgerton One Shot

You began to rebutton your blouse before pulling your dress over the top to try and look as though you had been dressed properly for your work, rather than having moments before strewn your uniform upon the floor of a man's chamber.

"Why do you look so solemn?" Benedict asked, reaching across the bed to grasp your hand.

You offered him a gentle smile wishing that your pain hadn't appeared upon your face. The two of you had been sneaking around for some time and although you knew it wasn't proper, you didn't care as you were in love. No matter how in love you were though, you didn't see a future though. He was a Bridgerton, someone of status that could have any woman in London whenever he wished but for some reason, he snuck behind closed doors to be with you. You had no status. You were a nurse and although being a Lady would be a dream of ease and pleasure, you enjoyed your job and made the most of the joys you had with Benedict in your free time.

"Where do you see this going?" You questioned.

"What do you mean?" He questioned, sitting up with only the bedsheet to keep his modesty.

"Where do you think our relationship will go?"

He let out a gentle chuckle, giving you hand a tug to pull you back to the bed with him.

"I wish to wed you," he grinned. "I was going to ask your father for his blessing to officially court you this weekend."

Your heart fluttered whilst your head fought the idea. It didn't make sense to you when it was something you wanted so desperately but you couldn't see it coming true.

"That would practically scandalous," you whispered. "What would people think of you marrying someone like me?"

His hand cupped your cheek, rubbing his thumb in small circles against your flushed cheek.

"I do not care what they think. I do not care what anyone thinks. You're the only thing that matters," he assured you. "Keeping our relationship secret was more for peace than shame. I have never felt ashamed to express my love for you however I just wanted to have you to myself, but I am ready to share you to the world; to tell everyone that you have my heart. I hope to marry you, as long as that is what you wish?"

"Are you sure?" You whispered, trying to not cry with happiness.

"With every ounce of my being."

"Then of course I wish to marry you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.