Jade Wesker- Hoard: Part 3 (a)

Resident Evil One Shot

"Fine." Jade held the pistol close to her chest and gave you a quick, panicked series of nods.

"Fingers crossed." You jumped onto the grimy rim of the dumpster and peered down at the hoard of zeros whose only will was to tear your flesh from your bones. You extended a foot onto the uneven sheet metal, and it let out a long and unsteady creak. "Make sure this dumpster doesn't move!" You brought your second foot onto the edge and held the brick wall, the blood-stained hands reached up towards your foot, they rested a mere few inches away as you stared over at the fire escape balcony. "It's further away than it looks." You chuckled nervously as you prepared to make your leap. You reached an arm forward and leapt from your perch, narrowly grasping the fence of the balcony and using all of your strength to pull yourself up and to safety. You peered your head around the corner into the alley to see Jade pulling herself up to the top of the dumpster. "Come on, I'll catch you."

"Don't worry, I think out of the two of us I'm the one who is a little bit more athletically inclined." She rested on the metal perch for a moment before making the same leap of faith that you did, only managing to make it look easy. The hoard beneath shuffled in unison underneath the ledge, and a few flesh-stripped hands began banging on the shop window underneath. "Where now genius?" She asked, yanking on the locked fire escape door.

"Well, my first thought was to go through the building, but obviously that isn't really going to work." You peered down at the hoard who had now began clambering one on top of another desperate to reach you and your newfound friend.

"I think we have to go up." Jade's eyes ran up the seemingly never-ending steel spiral of rusted fire-escape.

"Yeah..." You bent over already exerted and out of breath. "Of course, we have to go all the way up to the top of this shithole and then what? We run across the roofs and leap across from building to building like we're in some kind of shitty action movie?"

"Something like that, what other choice do we have? Those things have a lot more desire to get to us than we do to get away from them." She rolled the sleeves of her shirt up and once again gazed up towards the sky. "Stay here or come with me, I don't really care."

~*~

Written by Aaron.