Bash- Family (c)

It was a rare occasion for a man to be present for the birth of his child, but luckily your husband refused to leave your side.

The natural light had faded and you could only see what the faint candle light shone on. The room was cold even with the blanket thrown over you middle.

Your husband held onto one of your hands using his other one to dab a cloth on your sweating forehead.

Childbirth had always feared you, many women died, many infants died. You did not want to die and you certainly did not want you child to die as well as you or instead of you.

Your husband cooed softly trying to distract you from the pain, but his attempts were futile.

"I don't think I can do this," You groaned trying to fight the tears that were building up in your eyes.

He leaned down kissing your forehead stroking your slightly damp hair.

"I don't think you get a choice, my love," he whispered, "But you can do it, I know you can."

"Bash, why do you have so much hope in me?" you groaned, looking up at him with sorrow filled eyes.

"Because I love you," he smiled, "And think of it my love, soon we are going to be holding our child in our arms, we will be a family."

You tried to smile at your husband but the pain was excruciating you couldn't just smile and act as if you were fine- you weren't.

"I cannot wait for us to be a family Bash, I am just unsure how I am going to survive this. This is worse than I could have ever fathomed," you said with shaky breaths.

"I know Y/N, I know. But it will end soon. It will be worth it, and soon enough we will be a perfect family. We can even find a new home. My Father will not be happy for us to leave the court, but he will give us the money to buy a home for us, a home for our family," he whispered.

You nodded with a pained expression.

"Living at the French court is pleasant but I wish to have our own home. I am not from money, living a life of luxury feels wrong. I wish for our child to live humbly, to be able to visit the court but not have to rely on a life as the Grandchild to the King of France," you whispered.

He kissed your forehead again.

"It is fine my love. Our child will not live a life you do not wish they do. We will be happy, wherever you desire to be," he smiled.

"Thank you my love."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.