Jake Rosati- Ice (c)

With one foul swoop you were flying through the air until you landed sprawled out on the floor, with pain shooting through your back. You let out a loud painful groan.

In general you were very clumsy and the floor was evil to you, always placing invisible objects to trip you up, and always pulling you towards it with gravity. Sadly there was a lovely sheet of ice covering the ground meaning you were more prone to falling over.

You loved the winter. The pretty scenes, the cold, but the ice was hell. It just meant you'd fall over more often and you would just be bruised more often than you would usually.

As you groaned something blocked out most of your light. As you looked up a blond was leaning over you with a concerned expression. You knew the person but you had never spoken to him, ever. You wouldn't dare, he was popular.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, I think," you groaned.

He stuck his hand out to you. You took it, letting him help you up onto your feet, although you seemed like Bambi, slipping every time your feet tried to stand correctly.

The boy laughed resting his hands on your arms keeping you steady on your feet.

"You alright? You seem a little wobbly," he questioned.

"I'm no more wobbly than usual with icy floor. I am clumsy and my balance isn't great, ice is like the enemy to me, I spend a lot of time falling over, and I honestly don't know why I am talking," you sighed.

He chuckled.

"I'm Jake by the way, are you new?" he asked.

You frowned. Of course he had no idea who you were. He was one of the most popular guys in school, he was dating a cheerleader and all of his friends were athletes of some form, or any form of popular person. Hence why you knew who he was but you were quiet and got straight A's with no time for extra curricula subjects such as sports, and really sports just resulted in trips to the hospital for you.

"I know who you are, we went to the same kindergarten, and elementary school, and middle school and now the same high school," you smiled awkwardly, "I'm Y/N."

His face paled and his jaw dropped slightly.

"I am so sorry, I honestly have no idea how I didn't know who you were," he said.

"It's cool," you smiled, "sorry bad pun, you know ice and all," you awkwardly sighed, "its fine honestly. My odd humour and having my nose stuck in a book has kept me under the radar of the popular students, and the unpopular students."

He realised his hands were still on your arms. To be honest you had forgotten.

"Still I'm sorry. You seem nice, I don't know why I never spoke to you," he smiled softly.

"Seriously I don't mind. No one knows who I am."

"Well would you like to get lunch?" he asked, "Usually I'd sit outside but the ice and all, we can go sit in my car if you'd like, get to know each other. The cafeteria is packed."

You nodded with a soft smile.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.