Maxxie Oliver- Distraction (c)

Today you and your best friend Maxxie had decided to go out for coffee in the local café. With exams and everything else in your lives going on, you hadn't had time to talk often, and actually just relax in the longest of times. Both of you wanted to, circumstances just wouldn't allow for the fact.

So today, after months of previous worries, the two of you just wanted to talk and laugh over a cup of coffee and finally be care free for a moment.

You had missed your best friend. He had obviously been there but as you were both busy it felt as though he wasn't there.

Although today, he had promised his full attention, such things weren't so. Everything had been fine and dandy for the first hour or so, that was until a rather attractive boy from your college had wandered in with his friends. As soon as he entered the café, Maxxie had basically been lost to the world, staring off dreamily at the guy, simply nodding and minimally responding to anything you said although you knew he was ignoring you.

You were happy for him, and were all for him going to talk to the guy, and expressing his feelings, but what was getting on your wick was the fact that he was still pretending to listen to you.

"Are you even listening Max?" You asked nonchalantly.

"Huh?" He grinned, turning back to you for a second before looking back at the group of fellow students across the café, "what's wrong?"

You took a sip of your coffee, smiling softly, "oh it's nothing, just giant lobsters terrorizing your friends and family."

Maxxie let out a gentle laugh, "yeah your hair looks great Y/N/N."

"So you're calling him Y/N/N now? I don't know if it fits," You chuckled.

He turned back at you, raising an eyebrow.

"Your top fits, if anything it's too big, but not in a bad way, in a casual way," he explained.

You looked down at your t-shirt. It seemed fine to you, but taking anything Maxxie was saying at face value currently was probably a stupid endeavour.

"I have not said a word about my appearance. However you would not know that as you happen to be ignoring everything I say, to day dream about a stranger," you frowned, "mind you, I am not bothered by you being infatuated by the stranger, if anything I encourage you to speak with him. However I am bothered by the fact that you are incapable of upholding a conversation and fail to admit the fact that for the past half an hour everything I have said is completely lost to the world."

He let out a sigh, giving you a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry Y/N. I really am. Let me make it up to you. We can go wherever you want tomorrow, my treat?" He smiled warmly.

You let out a sigh, "you shall regret that decision. But I shall not turn it down. But can you do me a favour?"

He nodded, "anything."

"Go and ask him out. Seeing you pining, is very tragic."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.