Jasper Jordan- Fear (c)

It had been a tough day. You, Bellamy, Clarke and Jasper had gone out to look for supplies, mainly food, but no matter your intentions it didn't seem to work out the way you had first hoped and planned it would.

Firstly there was a run in with some grounders, before the horn sounded announcing the fact that the acid fog was approaching. Somehow you had been separated. As you ran through the forest you had lost track of where Clarke and Bellamy were but you were clinging onto Jasper's wrist for dear life not wanting to be left alone through this.

After a bit more running you finally found shelter for the both of you that could keep the fog out.

You fell to the ground curling your legs up to your chest.

"We're going to die. Oh God. Why? Why did they send us here? We're going to die," you muttered resting your face on top of your knees.

An arm wrapped around your shoulders, pulling you closer to him. Jasper rubbed your arm softly in a way to comfort you.

"Don't worry Y/N, I'm here and I'm the bravest you'll find, I'll protect you," Jasper whispered to you.

Instantly you snapped your head up and looked at the brunette sat next to you. Was he serious?

"Really? I heard you scream like a woman," you stated.

When the grounders had first arrived today, everyone in the near vicinity heard a high pitch screech. You had thought it was Clarke, seen as she was the only other woman in your group but it wasn't her, and it certainly wasn't you. And from the grimace Bellamy gave you for even looking at him in such an accusatory manner cleared his name.

It didn't surprise you though. Last time Jasper had had a run in with the grounders, it had ended far from well, and you knew he was still not fully recovered physically or mentally from the ordeal, even if he argued otherwise.

"I do not- I'll have you know, I have a manly wail," he said with a soft chuckle.

You smiled at him. Somehow his equal uncertainty of the situation felt somewhat comforting in the moment. You were in the same boat, and you were going to get through this together no matter what was thrown your way.

"Of course you do Jasper. Of course," you laughed.

"See. I distracted you from everything out there. We are safe. As long as we stick together. And once the fog has lifted, we'll find Clarke and Bellamy and we'll get back to the drop ship. We'll all be fine," he smiled softly.

"Thank you," you whispered.

"What for?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"For being nice to me. For making me realise we can survive this even though it seems impossible. For just being you."

He smiled at you, pulling you closer to him in his embrace.

"Anything for you Y/N. Anything at all."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.