Jamie Taylor- More Than Friends (c)

The Haunting of Bly Manor One Shot

You had worked at Bly Manor for a few years and that was where you had met Jamie. It was a quick friendship that had been built over your time there and soon enough you had fallen for her. You were far from confident in her liking you in return so didn't tell her about your feelings, fearing that it would ruin your friendship and make working at the same house rather awkward and weird.

The two of you spent most of your time together when you weren't working and sometimes even when you were. You had finished your morning duties and headed to the kitchen to grab something to eat and drink. Jamie was already there and just seeing her sat at the table made your heart skip a beat.

"Afternoon," she smiled taking a sip of her tea.

"H-hi," you whispered, biting on your lower lip to try and not let your words quiver too much in your nerves.

Normally Jamie didn't have her lunch break until near the end of yours, so you weren't expecting to see her there already, throwing you off guard. Sometimes you struggled to keep your nerves under control around her, you desperately wanted to tell her how you felt but it was just too daunting to do so.

"You alright?" She asked.

You nodded your head, not trusting your ability to talk as you went over to pour yourself some tea from the still steaming teapot. You took a deep breath as you grabbed a clean mug and tried to settle your mind for a moment.

"You sure?"

Jamie had risen from the table and had made her way behind you, having whispered her words in your ear. It took you by surprise, resulting in you dropping your mug, shattering it on the floor. The loud smash made you jump back into Jamie's arms.

"I don't think you are okay," she chuckled. "What's wrong with you?"

"N-nothing," you croaked.

She cocked an eyebrow at you. "Don't lie to me."

You let out a sigh, knowing now was as good a time as any to fess up to what you had been hiding from your dearest friend.

"Promise not to hate me."

"I could never hate you."

"I may be interested in you in a little bit more than as a friend."

Jamie smirked at you. "How much more?"

You began to bite your lip once again, still filled with nerves.

"Quite a bit more."

She laughed softly. "Well I like you quite a bit more too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.