Jonny Goodman- Car (c)

Friday Night Dinner One Shot

"As soon as I get out of the car, you drive off," Jonny stated.

"You're being a bit dramatic, don't you think, darling?" You chuckled.

He shot you an annoyed look from the passenger seat of your car.

"You've not met my parents, for a very good reason and if my mum sees you dropping me off at her house, she will not let anyone rest until you go into the house and talk with her. The only way we survive this is with you driving away before anyone knows who drove me there," he frowned.

You rolled your eyes, turning into the road where his parents lived, having become his personal taxi since his car broke down and was waiting for it to be fixed. You hadn't ever met his family, although you knew a lot of them, and although the way that Jonny described them was rather intense, you did want to meet them at some point. The two of you had been together for nearly a year and only his older brother knew that he had been in a relationship, but it was only a matter of time before he would have to face what is going on and introduce you to his parents.

As you pulled up outside of the house, Jonny unbuckled his seatbelt, putting a hand on the door handle, ready to get out at the drop of a hat.

"Remember, just drive," he demanded.

"I'm dropping you off at your parents house, not to a bank heist," you frowned.

You stopped the car. Before Jonny could get out of it, the front door of his parent's house opened revealing the woman you had only ever seen pictures of.

"Drive! Drive! Drive!" Jonny hissed even though he still had the car door open.

"Jonny," his mum grinned. "Who's this?"

"My uber driver," he stated.

His mother rolled her eyes at him before leaning over her son through the open passenger door to hold her hand out for you to shake.

"Jackie Goodman," she smiled. "Are you my Jonny's girlfriend?"

You looked over at Jonny who shot you a panicked look, but you didn't want to lie to his mum, it wasn't the best start of getting to know her if you were meant to be successful together.

"Yeah," you nodded awkwardly. "Y/N."

The woman let out a squeak in excitement. "It's so nice to meet you, do come in."

Jonny jumped out of the car, shaking his head. "Sorry mum, she's got to go."

"Nonsense, come of dear, I've cooked enough for you to have dinner too. It'll be so nice to get to know you."

He let out a sigh of deceit as you put your car in park and got out. You weren't prepared to be having dinner with his parents, but it was evident that you were nowhere near as nervous as Jonny had become about the whole ordeal. You made your way around the car to join Jonny and take his hand as you headed up the drive into the house.

"It's going to be okay," you smiled softly to him.

"I wish my car had never broken down."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.