Tobias 'Four' Eaton- I Told You (h)

You looked to Four as the both of you leant against the wall of the train "You ready for today?" he asked wrapping his arm around your shoulder "Definitely" you said and he chuckled.

Today was the choosing ceremony for you and all the other Dauntless borns. You were a few years younger than your boyfriend, you knew he was a transfer to Dauntless and he didn't want you to transfer like he did because if you did then you wouldn't be able to see him again.

Four's friend Eric, also your brother, smiled at you "You're not leaving us right Sis?" he asked and you shook your head "Why would I leave my family and my boyfriend?" you asked smirking "Oh I don't know. You could've gotten bored of us in these 16 years" he said making you laugh.

"I couldn't leave this one" you said wrapping both of your arms around Four's waist as you cuddled him. Four chuckled at your antics but wrapped his arms around you in response "God you two make me gag" he said but you stuck your tongue out at your brother.

The train reached its destination so as always everyone on the train jumped off and landed on the ground. Four grabbed your hand as you all ran to the door of Dauntless.

The other factions looked at you. Dauntless weren't the most sensible faction and you didn't need to be. Dauntless were known for being brave and fearless, you protected the other factions and you didn't have rules either.

Slowly but surely all the factions made it into the building. As soon as the factions were seated Jeanine Matthews walked out to clapping and she smiled at everyone "The faction system is a living being" she started walking over the stage "And the only way that it can survive and thrive is for each of you to claim your rightful place" she said pausing "The future belongs to those who know where they belong" she walked away.

Marcus, Four's father who is a horrible man but neither of you wanted to say anything as you liked your lived, stepped forward and Four's grip on your hand tightened "When you leave this room, you will no longer be dependants but full fledged members of our society" he said addressing everyone who was choosing today.

"Faction before blood" he said reciting the motto of our society and we all repeated it. Faction before blood means that each member of the society should always go against their blood to be a part of their rightful faction; the factions won't function if the motto isn't believed.

One by one people your age were called up and they all chose where they wanted to stay or where they wanted to transfer to. Of course there have been some that have transferred, some have left Dauntless and some have joined Dauntless.

"Y/N Coulter" your name was announced. You glanced at your boyfriend and your brother before standing up and walking confidently to the bowls.

You picked up the knife and cut your palm as you were told to. You clenched your hand into a fist and held your hand above the Dauntless faction bowl; you waited until the blood dripped off of your palm and onto the coals in the bowl of your faction.

"Dauntless" Marcus announced and you heard the cheers behind you. You turned around and walked back to your previous seat.

Four gripped your hand and breathed a sigh of relief "I told you I wasn't leaving" you said placing your hand on his chin and kissing his cheek.

~*~

Written by Hannah.