Chapter 17

Y/ns pov

I was never going back, nope never. Being murdered was not on my list of what to do today. I went on a bus and just let it take me. I got off at a random stop and felt like my chances of living were still there, hopefully.

Tony's pov

I held in a laugh when I saw Nat and she glared around the room and then walked away and then came back cleaned from the paint that had been on her, I sighed "Y/n?" I said and she nodded and then I heard her call y/n some very rude things under her breath then she said "The little git bolted" then I quickly replied "She needs a taste of her own medicine, good thing there's a tracker in the bracelet I bought her". A mischievous smile came to Nat's face as we both knew she never took the bracelet off and then we began to hatch our plan.

Y/ns pov

I was just sitting on a bench, no one was in sight then I fell something grab onto me and in second I had been lifted into the air, surprise and fear engulfed me and I looked up to see stark. Damn it. "Whatever Nat's promised you I'll double it" I said trying to negotiate, a mechanical laugh came from the suit and then Tony said "How can you double revenge". I began to beg "Come on Stark, I'll go anything, I could even study properly". "You don't study properly!' he basically roared. Oops then in seconds without a warning he let me go, we had been in the clouds I began to fall, I let out a small scream in surprise and carried on falling, then I saw it the lake, my lake. There all idiots, the compact was going to hurt like hell. But just before I hit the water Tony grabbed me.

I let out a sigh of relief just to be dropped with a splash into the water. I resurfaced, my hair drenched wet only to be sprayed with silly string, I squirmed, everyone had ganged up on me and held cans of silly string. I swam to the side of the wood plank where they still sprayed me and grabbed whoever was closes. Clint. With one hard yank of his leg I pulled him in, then Clint pulled in Nat, then Bruce, Thor, Steve and Tony who had told Jarvis to send his suit back. We were drenched and laughing. "At which point did I try to kill you all" I asked. It was hilarious all of it. But it reminded me of when me and my father had had a water fight here.

In my moment of weakness revisiting the memory in my head I didn't see Tony dive under the water, he yanked at my legs and pulled me under, I came back up and saw him smiling. I smiled back. And without warning he gave me a hug. Was this our first hug, I guess so. It felt nice.

Tony's pov

In that moment when I couldn't control myself and just had to hug her I realised that I cared about her deeply and though I hate to emit it, Clint was right, parental could be a Good thing on me, but not yet, she needs time.