Chapter 69

Y/ns pov

"Who the hell are you?" I repeated, aloud this time as before I had just said in my head. "I'm Pepper, Pepper potts, Tonys girlfriend" she said. She had indicated to my right and I saw Tony in a bed he was awake "You laughed at me for having wheelchair and your the one that went head first onto the floor" he grinned, I flipped him off. Pepper was dabbing at a cut on my head "Before I ask how you like this dirt bag how is he awake he was meant to be out cold for the rest of the day" I said to potts "You've been out for 26 hours they called me here telling me Tony was back, and for your other question I like him because we grew close together since before he was even the iron man" she smiled.

I looked at Tony and then said "She's a good one hopefully don't screw this up like you have all your other non sexual relationships" I said hinting his lack of freindships and we'll child over the past couple of years. I pulled the iv out of my arm as I got up, Peppers face showed disapproval but I had something I needed to do. I used the wall to help walk myself to the basement there I grabbed a chair and went through old boxes my arms shaking there I found it, a picture frame and in it a piece of paper, the adoption paper. I looked at it, my signature and his lay at the bottom, then anger confronted my face and I punched the glass, it smashed the glass's stabbing into my skin, that took out nearly all of the little energy I had left, my blood dripped from my hand onto the paper and I held it up in my hand then I set it alight, but one secound of doing that was to much everything collapsed I dropped the frame and I didn't have the strength to keep myself in the chair I fell and lay on the ground not unconscious but still awake.

Pain.

Close your eyes, I told myself but what would happen if I did, would I reawaken in that room with the horribly smug face no I didn't want that. I tried to push myself up and it worked a little, I crawled over to the door and used the handle to get me up, I went up and into the first room I could find, luckily It was Nat's, I grabbed a jumper and jeans putting them above the hero suit that I had been in. I went to were Tony and Pepper was the blood no longer dropping on my hand. I walked in "I'm leaving now, it was nice to meet you Pepper, and Tony catch" I told him and pulled the necklace of my neck and threw it towards him, the throw was to weak and landed about a centimetre away from me but I was to proud so I just walked slowly away.