Chapter 19

Y/ns pov

This was going to be my first mission, it was with Nat. There had been hostages from the government taken, Sheild had been given a time to meet somewhere to negotiate it was at an old abandoned docks. But negotiating probaly was going to change to violence.

I had suited into a leather jacket which matching trousers and gotten into Natashas car where she waited for me. She began to drive fast and we began to talk she told me that because we've only worked on combat not to use my powers more then I knew how to. I agreed.

Natashas pov

As I drove I decided to drop in a few good words about Tony like I had promised, as y/n put in her earpiece I brought up something Tony had said; "Stark said he wasn't so sure about this told me to keep you safe" I told her with a smirk. She laughed a little and then replied "Cute Stark cares about me, good to see under all that self confidence he has a heart" she joked and I couldnt help and laugh too.

We got to the docks and turned our earpieces on then I passed y/n a gun that she put in the holster I had bought her. We began to walk to the exact meeting point and saw three men, when they saw y/n they scoffed and she sent all of them a glare. "We want 60 million for the hostages" one stated with a strong Russian accent. "How about you hand them over without this getting messy boys?" I asked them and they laughed, the us was our signal. As planned I shot one in the foot and the fight began, two came at me and one for y/n.

Turns out they weren't alone.

Y/ns pov

The three became nine, I punched the first one that came at me in the face hard, he stumbled to the floor, I smirked, weakling. More came at me I kicked the next in the nuts and the next one got more gruesome I shot him in the leg, the first person I had ever shot. But this was no time I whacked the next in the head with a gun, but that was to slow, a shot was fired a few metres from me and hit my stomach, it was the worst pain I had ever felt, I wanted to callopse to floor or scream in pain, but my fight wasnt over I bit my tongue. Natasha had just finished takening down a guy so it left the one thst shot me, Nat hadn't noticed I was shot which was good, she stayed focused and finished off the last guy while I ran to look for the hostages.

I found them in a shipping container "Found them" I said into the earpiece and then I undid the ropes, they ran out in freedom and then my stomach seared again in pain, I used the wall to help me stand for a secound and took some breaths.

I walked out to see Natasha finishing off a phone call, she finished it and then looked at me and smiled, she could see the pain through the smile and saw he clutching my stomach, she ran over. "Are you ok?" she asked. I nodded, lying probaly wasn't the best thing to do but I didn't want to see me weak. She grabbed my arm and pulled it away from my stomach, she saw the wound and her eyes widened "Your shot". "And your shocked" I joked back.

In secounds Nat had picked me up in her arms and brought me to the car, she put me in my seat and then got in and began to drive, I let my head lay against her shoulder feeling lightheaded. "Look stay awake for me, I just need to get you to Bruce" she said and I nodded trying to keep my eyes lids from closing.