Chapter 83

Lokis pov

I drove in my car, I had a licence and all after being on midgard I learned many things. Thor had told me about a lake that she used to go to alot and that could explain the water. I drove there and then got out.

It was dark about 1 am now. There was no sight of her until small sobs echoed. I squinted and saw across the lake a girl crouched down against a tree. It had to be her, my jacket was quite expensive so I held it up above my head as I took fast strides through the water. I got to the bank and walked to her side. "Y/n darling" I said softly the secound word escaping my lips by suprise but it didn't bother me. She looked up to see me her eyes pooled with tears. "What's wrong?" I asked, I crouched down beside her and as my arm grazed her I felt myself shiver and as a frost giant that meant something. She passed me a piece of paper she held in her hand "Bottom line" she spoke her voice hoarse. My eyes flickered to the bottom and it felt like the life of me drained as I read a note at the bottom 'Y/ns body was not capable of enough strength to hold the substance, this meaning her life span is expected to be no longer then twenty four years, signs of bleeding from strength use will be first signs of death' I read. She then said "Seven years ago in the raft prison my nose Bleed when I used to much of my power, Loki I'm twenty three in two weeks".

In secounds I pulled her to stand up and flipped my jacket around her shoulders for warmth then pulled her into a hug, she buried her head in my shoulder as she let out sobs. I stroked her hair reasurring that everything would be alright, I was lying.

Y/ns pov

After awhile we swam back and went into Loki's car and he began to drive back to the compound. "Im not going to tell the others" I said softly as I still held the peice of paper in hand. I finnaly decided to look through the rest of the box as we talked. "Why not?" He asked. "Because if I do they'll treat me different and that could get in the way of the mission ahead" I told him. I looked in the box and found a picture it was of Steve actualy he was with baby me, he held me in my arms smiling down at my sleeping face. There was also more. Tony and Nat with three year old me Tony's face plasterers with stickers and nat's lips cothered in uneven lipstick. I looked through them then let out small laughs that turned into cries. Loki pulled over at the compound. "What is it?" He asked. "I screwed up so bad I'm just a huge dissapointment" I cried.